The Blackstone Group L.P. (NYSE: BX) is an alternative asset management and financial services company that specializes in private equity, real estate, and credit and marketable alternative investment strategies, as well as financial advisory services, such as mergers and acquisitions (M&A;), restructurings and reorganizations, and private placements.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$10,236,640 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Blackstone Group
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Hilton Worldwide $6,710,000 Apria Healthcare $3,820,000 SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment $3,360,000 Orbitz Worldwide $2,389,061 Celanese Corp $770,000 TRW Automotive $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Travel & Tourism,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 S.254 Medicare Home Infusion Therapy Coverage Act of 2009 H.R.574 Medicare Home Infusion Therapy Coverage Act of 2009 H.R.2935 Travel Promotion Act of 2009 H.R.915 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2009 S.1451 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act S.2233 Jobs Originated through Launching Travel Act H.R.1041 Fairness in Medicare Bidding Act H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 74 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Blackstone Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Blackstone Group
- Toggle 1 USCG Vessel Documentation: Lease Financing for Vessels Engaged in the Coastwide Trade; Second Rulemaking 2003
- Toggle 1 MARAD Vessel Documentation: Lease Financing for Vessels Engaged in the Coastwise Trade; Second Rulemaking 2003
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Political Contributions by Certain Investment Advisers 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Blackstone Group
- Toggle 7 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Political Contributions by Certain Investment Advisers 2009
- Toggle 3 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2014
- Toggle 3 FSOC Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Regarding Authority to Require Supervision and Regulation of Certain Nonbank Financial Companies 2010
- Toggle 2 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 2 FSOC Authority To Require Supervision and Regulation of Certain Nonbank Financial Companies 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Standards of Performance for Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Existing Sources: Electric Utility Generating Units 2013
- Toggle 2 SEC Comments on Amendment to Emergency Order Pursuant to Section 12(K)(2) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 Taking Temporary Action to Respond to Market Developments 2008
- Toggle 2 ED State Agency use of an alternative method to distribute Title I funds to Local Educational Agencies with fewer than 20,000 total residents 2014
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Prohibition of Fraud by Advisers to Certain Pooled Investment Vehicles; Accredited Investors in Certain Private Investment Vehicles 2006
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Credit Risk Retention 2011
Federal Spending1 contract
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Blackstone Group Llc||2000||Public Buildings Service||$1,139,000|
EPA Violations5 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Alliance Chemical Inc Et Al.||Celanese Ltd (+71 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$37,000,000|
|Alcan Corporation||Celanese LTD (+81 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$13,150,000|
|Aqua-Tech Environmental, Inc. (Prn)||Celanese (+169 others)||2006||Greer, Sc||$9,170,528|
|Carolina Steel Drum Superfund Site||Celanese Fibers Operations (+42 others)||2005||Rock Hill, Sc||$4,986,394|
|Vermiculite Intermountain Sf Site||La Quinta Properties (+2 others)||2007||Salt Lake City, ...||$3,941,000|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Blackstone Group" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee