Campaign Finance$750 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Bio
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Small Business
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.27 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act S.319 Pharmaceutical Market Access and Drug Safety Act of 2011 S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 S.3187 Food and Drug Administration Safety and Innovation Act
RegulationsMentioned in 841 dockets; Submitted to 42 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Bio" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Bio
- Toggle 2 FDA Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act of 2009; Options for a User Fee Program for Biosimilar and Interchangeable Biological Product Applications for Fiscal Years 2013 through 2017; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 2 DOE Environmental Impact Statements; Availability, etc.: Hawai'i Interisland Renewable Energy Program 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff on In Vitro Companion Diagnostic Devices; Availability 2011
- Toggle 2 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff: Commercially Distributed In Vitro Diagnostic Products Labeled for Research Use Only or Investigational Use Only: Frequently Asked Questions; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Amendments to Sterility Test Requirements for Biological Products 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Bar Code Technologies for Drugs and Biological Products; Retrospective Review Under E.O. 13563, Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy Assessments: Social Science Methodologies to Assess Goals Related to Knowledge; Public Workshop; Issue Paper 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff; Mobile Medical Applications; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Bio
- Toggle 108 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 71 EPA Lifecycle Greenhouse Gas Analyses of New Pathways Under the Renewable Fuels Standard Program 2011
- Toggle 54 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 48 APHIS Animal Welfare; Retail Pet Stores and Licensing Exemptions 2011
- Toggle 47 EPA Deferral of Application of the Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Title V Programs to CO2 emissions from Bioenergy and Other Biogenic Sources 2011
- Toggle 44 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 37 EPA NPDES - Small Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Small Vessels (sVGP) 2011
- Toggle 34 EPA Request for Comment on Letters Seeking a Waiver of the Renewable Fuel Standard 2012
- Toggle 31 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 30 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
Advisory Committees5 people on 5 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Bio" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 1 person on 1 committee