Binghamton University, also formally called State University of New York at Binghamton, is a public research university in the State of New York. The University is one of the four university centers in the State University of New York (SUNY) system. Since its establishment in 1946, the University has grown from a small liberal arts college to a large doctoral-granting institution, presently consisting of six colleges and schools and is now home to nearly 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Binghamton University is currently ranked 86th among the 262 national universities ranked in the 2011 U.S. News America's Best Colleges and Universities ranking. The Carnegie Foundation has classified the University as RU/H (Research Universities with high research activity). The University's main campus is located in the Town of Vestal, with a secondary education center located in the nearby downtown Binghamton, New York. Binghamton University is known as a Public Ivy, or a public university which gives an education comparable to that given at an Ivy League institution.
Campaign Finance$9,235 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Binghamton University
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Binghamton University $40,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5893 Startup Act 2.0 S.3217 Startup Act 2.0
RegulationsMentioned in 9 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Binghamton University" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Binghamton University
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Binghamton University
- Toggle 1 DOE Applications for Long-Term Authorizations to Export Liquefied Natural Gas, etc.: Jordan Cove Energy Project, L.P. 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff; 510(k) Device Modifications: Deciding When to Submit a 510(k) for a Change to an Existing Device 2011
- Toggle 1 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Petition to List the African Lion (Panthera leo leo) As Endangered 2012
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS Revise the List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife for the Gray Wolf ( Canis lupus ) in the Eastern United States 2011
- Toggle 1 ED Higher Education Act, Title IV, Student Loans 2012
Advisory Committees8 people on 7 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Binghamton University" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 8 people on 7 committees