Bingham McCutchen LLP
Campaign Finance$2,509,651 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Bingham McCutchen LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Asbestos Study Group $3,400,000 General Electric $2,900,000 Shure $2,270,000 Exxon Mobil $1,590,000 Altria Client Services $1,540,000 Artichoke Joe's $1,410,000 Microsoft Corp $1,270,000 Vonage Holdings $700,000 Pfizer Inc $640,000 Renewable Fuels Assn $560,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Clean Air & Water,
- Gaming, Gambling & Casinos,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Homeland Security,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.6 Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 S.2995 Clean Air Act Amendments of 2010 H.R.1908 Patent Reform Act of 2007 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.1145 Patent Reform Act of 2007 S.2369 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.1256 Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act S.338 S.773 Cybersecurity Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 80 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Bingham McCutchen LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Toggle 3 FRA Request for Administrative Hearing - Rhodia, Inc. (Rhodia) 2004
- Toggle 1 DOT ADA - Passenger Vessels 2007
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Toggle 16 EPA Public Meeting on the Revisions to the Definition of Solid Waste Final Rule 2009
- Toggle 11 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 10 FRA Request for Administrative Hearing - Rhodia, Inc. (Rhodia) 2004
- Toggle 5 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Lead 2006
- Toggle 5 DOT ADA - Passenger Vessels 2007
- Toggle 4 EPA NESHAP for Secondary Lead Smelting Amendments Based on the Risk and Technology Review 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Standards of Performance for New Stationary Sources and Emission Guidelines for Existing Sources: Hospital/Medical/Infectious Waste Incinerators 2006
- Toggle 3 EPA Review of the Primary NAAQS for Sulfur Dioxide 2007
- Toggle 2 EBSA Notice of Proposed Amendment to Prohibited Transaction Exemption 2007–05, 72 FR 13130 (March 20, 2007), Involving Prudential Securities Incorporated, et al., To Amend the Definition of ‘‘Rating Agency’’ [Application No. D–11718] 2013
- Toggle 2 Oil and Gas; Hydraulic Fracturing on Federal and Indian Lands 2013
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Bingham McCutchen LLP" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 1 person on 1 committee