Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by BGR Group
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Kurdistan Regional Government $720,000 Republic of India $630,000 Reed Elsevier Inc $510,000 Alfa Bank $440,000 Government of Qatar $440,000 Lorillard Tobacco $440,000 Law Office of Steven R Donziger $400,000 Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care $360,000 DFS Guam LP $350,000 Sellers-Feinberg $330,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Foreign Relations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Government Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.6331 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 S.3036 Lieberman-Warner Climate Security Act of 2008 H.R.698 Industrial Bank Holding Company Act of 2007 H.R.1427 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2007 H.R.3221 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2008 S.1100 Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2007 S.1356 Industrial Bank Holding Company Act of 2007 H.R.41 Business Checking Fairness Act of 2007 H.R.948 Social Security Number Protection Act of 2007 H.R.958 Data Accountability and Trust Act