Bechtel Corporation (Bechtel Group) is the largest engineering company in the United States, ranking as the 3rd-largest privately owned company in the U.S. With headquarters in the Financial District of San Francisco, Bechtel had 49,000 employees as of 2010 working on projects in nearly 50 countries with $30.8 billion in revenue.
Campaign Finance$6,547,827 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Bechtel Group
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Bechtel National $4,140,000 Bechtel Group $1,530,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste,
- Government Issues,
- Foreign Relations,
- Environment & Superfund
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2641 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 S.512 Nuclear Power 2021 Act S.1547 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 S.1751 Energy and Water Development Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.1585 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 H.R.2764 Executive Office of the President Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.895 Nuclear Waste Terrorist Threat Assessment and Protection Act H.R.1815 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2006 H.R.2419 Energy and Water Development Appropriations Act, 2006 H.R.6 Energy Policy Act of 2005
RegulationsMentioned in 14 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Bechtel Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Bechtel Group
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards 2008
- Toggle 1 OSHA National Advisory Committee on Occupational Safety and Health (NACOSH) 2011
- Toggle 1 OSHA Emergency Response and Preparedness; Request for Information 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT New U.S. - Argentina Combination Service Opportunities 1999
- Toggle 1 DOT 98-5-27 Order Instituting Proceeding re: 1998 U.S.-Brazil Combination Service Case 1998
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT Notice - 1999 U. S.-Brazil Combination Service 1999
- Toggle 1 OSHA PROCESS SAFETY MANAGEMENT OF HIGHLY HAZARDOUS CHEMICALS 2006
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Medium and Heavy Duty Fuel Efficiency Improvement Program 2010
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Abb, Inc. Et Al (Spectron Deminimis Settlement)||Bechtel Construction, Inc (+547 others)||2003||Elkton, Md||$2,803,841|
Advisory Committees6 people on 7 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Bechtel Group" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Energy 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Aeronautics and Space Administration 1 person on 1 committee