Campaign Finance$2,072,372 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Bayer CropScience
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Bayer CropScience $1,572,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Chemical Industry,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Food Industry,
- Government Issues,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
RegulationsMentioned in 1241 dockets; Submitted to 23 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Bayer CropScience" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Bayer CropScience
- Toggle 20 EPA Human Testing; Proposed Plan and Description of Review Process. 2003
- Toggle 3 EPA Endangered Species and Pesticide Regulation (The Comment Period Has Been Extended Until 3/2/03) See Document #OPP-2002-0010-0134 Below for a Copy of FR Notice Re: the Extension of the Comment Period 2003
- Toggle 2 EPA mDesmedipham; Tolerance Reassessment Decision for Low Risk Pesticide; Notice of Availability 2004
- Toggle 2 EPA Carbaryl Interim Reregistration Eligibility Decision; Notice of Availability 2003
- Toggle 2 EPA Endangered Species Protection Program Field Implementation 2002
- Toggle 1 EPA Standards for Pesticide Containers and Containment; Extension of Comment Period 2004
- Toggle 1 EPA Petition To Modify or Revoke Tolerances Established in REDs for Alachlor, Chlorothalonil, Methomyl, Metribuzin, and Thiodicarb; Reopening of Comment Period (Comment Period Extended to June 15, 2005) 2005
- Toggle 1 APHIS Introduction of Organisms and Products Altered or Produced Through Genetic Engineering 2006
- Toggle 1 EPA Petition to Revoke or Modify Tolerances Established for Carbaryl; Notice of Availability 2005
- Toggle 1 EPA Thidiazuron Risk Assessments; Notice of Availability 2004
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Bayer CropScience
- Toggle 580 APHIS Extension of Determination of Nonregulated Status for Genetically Engineered Rice 2006
- Toggle 84 APHIS Bayer CropScience; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Soybean Genetically Engineered to Tolerate the Herbicides Glyphosate and Isoxaflutole 2012
- Toggle 69 EPA Aldicarb Risk Assessments (Phase 3 of 6-Phase Process); Notice of Availability 2005
- Toggle 67 EPA Glufosinate-Ammonium; Notice of Filing a Pesticide Petition to Establish a Tolerance for a Certain Pesticide Chemical in or on Food 2003
- Toggle 30 EPA Azinphos-methyl; Notice of Receipt of Requests to Voluntarily Cancel or to Amend to Terminate Uses of Certain Pesticide Registrations 2005
- Toggle 27 Syngenta Seeds, Inc. and Bayer CropScience AG; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Soybean Genetically Engineered for Herbicide Tolerance 2012
- Toggle 27 EPA Spirotetramat; Receipt of Pesticide Products Registration Applications. 2010
- Toggle 23 EPA Triadimefon 2005
- Toggle 22 EPA Human Testing; Proposed Plan and Description of Review Process. 2003
- Toggle 22 APHIS Regulatory Status of Alfalfa Genetically Engineered for Tolerance to the Herbicide Glyphosate 2007
EPA Violations5 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Pharmacia Corporation (Industri-Plex Site)||Bayer Cropscience Inc (+1 others)||2008||Woburn, Ma||$37,245,000|
|Air Products & Chemical, Inc Et Al||Bayer Cropscience Inc (+40 others)||2005||Elkton, Md||$24,500,000|
|Agere Systems, Et Al||Bayer Cropscience, Llc (Formerly Aventis Pharmaceu (+138 others)||2007||Elkton, Md||$11,300,000|
|Verona Well Field Consent Decree (Cercla)||Bayer Cropscience, Inc. (+25 others)||2006||Battle Creek, Mi||$9,040,000|
|Carolina Steel Drum Superfund Site||Rhone-Poulenc, Inc. (Nka Bayer Cropscience, Inc.) (+42 others)||2005||Rock Hill, Sc||$4,986,394|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Bayer CropScience" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 1 person on 1 committee