Bayer AG (German pronunciation: [ˈbaɪɐ]) (FWB: BAYN is a chemical and pharmaceutical company founded in Barmen, Germany in 1863. Today it is headquartered in Leverkusen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is well-known for its original brand of aspirin.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Bayer Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Bayer Corp $9,980,321 Bayer Corp $9,980,321
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Chemical Industry,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Energy & Nuclear Power
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.908 Full Implementation of the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards Act H.R.901 Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Security Authorization Act of 2011 H.R.965 Preservation of Antibiotics for Medical Treatment Act of 2011 S.473 Continuing Chemical Facilities Antiterrorism Security Act of 2011 H.R.432 Ban Poisonous Additives Act of 2011 S.136 Ban Poisonous Additives Act of 2011 S.518 Veterinary Medicine Loan Repayment Program Enhancement Act H.R.916 Continuing Chemical Facilities Antiterrorism Security Act of 2011 H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1211 Preservation of Antibiotics for Medical Treatment Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Bayer Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Bayer Corp
- Toggle 7 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutant Emissions: Group IV Polymers and Resins, Pesticide Active Ingredient Production, and Polyether Polyols Production Risk and Technology Review 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Emergency Petition Seeking Suspension of Registration for Clothianidin 2012
- Toggle 3 APHIS Bayer CropScience; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Soybean Genetically Engineered to Tolerate the Herbicides Glyphosate and Isoxaflutole 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Clothianidin Registration Review 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Metribuzin Registration Review 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Sixty-Ninth Report of the TSCA Interagency Testing Committee to the Administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Permethrin Registration Review 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Fipronil Registration Review 2011
- Toggle 1 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012