Baker & Hostetler
Baker Hostetler is an American law firm founded more than 90 years ago in 1916. One of the firm's founders, Newton D. Baker, was U.S. Secretary of War during World War I and former Mayor of Cleveland.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Baker & Hostetler
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Colgate-Palmolive Co $1,420,000 Major League Baseball Commissioner's Ofc $630,000 Coalition Free-Standing Childrens Hosp $590,000 Federated Investors Inc $380,000 Financial Industry Regulatory Authority $300,000 Texas Children's Hospital $170,000 Koyo Corp of Usa $130,000 American Equity Investmt Life Holding Co $130,000 NHS Management $60,000 Gate Technologies $60,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Chemical Industry,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.968 PIPA H.R.1070 Small Company Capital Formation Act of 2011 H.R.950 Ticket Act H.R.1965 To amend the securities laws to establish certain thresholds for shareholder registration, and for other purposes. H.R.2167 Private Company Flexibility and Growth Act H.R.2930 Entrepreneur Access to Capital Act H.R.2940 Access to Capital for Job Creators Act S.1544 Small Company Capital Formation Act of 2011 H.R.3261 Stop Online Piracy Act H.R.4624 Investment Adviser Oversight Act of 2012
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary May 7, 2013 JTEKT North America Corporation (f.k.a. Koyo Corporation of USA) Trade issues affecting the interests of JKTEKT North America Corporation View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Baker & Hostetler" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Baker & Hostetler
- Toggle 5 EPA NESHAP for Secondary Lead Smelting Amendments Based on the Risk and Technology Review 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Methods for Assuring Access to Covered Medicaid Services (CMS-2328-P) 2011
- Toggle 1 ITA Modification of Regulations Regarding the Definition of Factual Information and Time Limits for Submission of Factual Information 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Reporting and Returning of Overpayments 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Integrated Science Assessment for Lead (Pb) 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Petition Requesting to Improve Transparency With Regard to Combination Products 2012