Baker & Hostetler
Baker Hostetler is an American law firm founded more than 90 years ago in 1916. One of the firm's founders, Newton D. Baker, was U.S. Secretary of War during World War I and former Mayor of Cleveland.
Campaign Finance$4,015,081 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Baker & Hostetler
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Major League Baseball Commissioner's Ofc $7,650,000 Federated Investors Inc $3,650,000 Colgate-Palmolive Co $3,000,000 Southern Co $2,450,000 Reserve Management Corp $1,620,000 Old Mutual Business Services $1,230,000 Motion Picture Assn of America $1,060,000 Koyo Corp of Usa $1,025,000 Corning Inc $1,020,000 Citigroup Management Corp $960,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2733 Fixed Indexed Annuities and Insurance Products Classification Act of 2009 S.1389 Fixed Indexed Annuities and Insurance Products Classification Act of 2009 H.R.3221 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2008 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.5720 Housing Assistance Tax Act of 2008 S.2566 H.R.1424 Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 S.968 PIPA S.2191 America's Climate Security Act of 2007 H.R.1171 Money Market Fund Parity Act of 2007
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary May 7, 2013 JTEKT North America Corporation (f.k.a. Koyo Corporation of USA) Trade issues affecting the interests of JKTEKT North America Corporation View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 1041 dockets; Submitted to 57 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Baker & Hostetler" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Baker & Hostetler
- Toggle 7 DOT Computer Reservations Systems - Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2006
- Toggle 4 DOT Universal Airlines, Incorporated - Exemption - Georgetown, Guyana-New York-Freetown, Sierra Leone-Lagos, Nigeria 2003
- Toggle 4 DOT U.S. DOT/OST - Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Computer Reservation System (CRS) Regulations (Part 255) 1997
- Toggle 3 DOT North American Airlines, Inc. - Exemption - Oakland, CA-Cancun/Mexico City, Mexico 2004
- Toggle 3 DOT Association of Retail Travel Agents - Emergency Petition for Rulemaking 1998
- Toggle 3 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 3 DOT Foreign Air Carrier Plans to Address Needs of Families of Victims of Aircraft Accidents 1998
- Toggle 3 DOT Alaska Airlines, Inc. - Exemption - U.S.-Mexico 2005
- Toggle 3 DOT America West Airlines, Inc. - Petition for Rulemaking - Amendment of Part 255 1997
- Toggle 3 DOT America West Airlines, Inc. and British Airways Plc - Statement of Authorization/Renewal 2001
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Baker & Hostetler
- Toggle 81 DOT American Airlines, Inc. and British Airways PLC - Antitrust Immunity Agreement 2001
- Toggle 73 DOT Special rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 70 DOT American Airlines, Inc. and British Airways Plc - Exemption/Blanket Codesharing/Statements of Authorizations 2001
- Toggle 69 DOT U.S. DOT/OST - Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Computer Reservation System (CRS) Regulations (Part 255) 1997
- Toggle 44 DOT America West Airlines, Inc. - Petition for Rulemaking - Amendment of Part 255 1997
- Toggle 43 DOT Association of Retail Travel Agents - Emergency Petition for Rulemaking 1998
- Toggle 33 DOT United Airlines and Scandinavian Airlines System - Statement of Authorization/Renewal - U.S.-Scandinavia 1999
- Toggle 33 DOT Interim slot rules at LaGuardia Airport (exemptions for new entrant and limited incumbent air carriers). 2000
- Toggle 32 DOT U.S. - U.K. Alliance Case 2001
- Toggle 32 DOT Interim slot rules at LaGuardia Airport (exemptions for air service to small and nonhub airports -- limited to aircraft with a seating capacity of less than 71) 2000
Advisory Committees5 people on 5 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Baker & Hostetler" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Labor Relations Board 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 1 person on 1 committee