Baker, Donelson et al
Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz P.C. (formerly Baker Donelson) is a large U.S. law firm and lobbying group with offices in the Southeastern United States, Washington, D.C. and London, England. According to the National Law Journal's 2010 rankings, it is the 72nd largest law firm in the United States, and the largest in the state of Tennessee. Forbes has twice selected Baker Donelson as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, citing the firm's commitment to diversity, public service and pro bono work.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Baker, Donelson et al
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Toshiba Corp $2,400,000 WR Grace & Co $480,000 University of Kentucky $400,000 DuPage County, Illinois $370,000 L-3 Communications $360,000 Nuclear Energy Institute $350,000 St Luke's Episcopal Health System $320,000 BAE Systems $320,000 Restoration Healthcare $240,000 CentriHealth $220,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Homeland Security,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.2847 Department of Commerce Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.5850 Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3644 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.3081 Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.4899 Disaster Relief and Summer Jobs Act of 2010 H.CON.RES.281 H.R.1260 Patent Reform Act of 2009 S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary April 19, 2013 Amerisource Bergen Legislation regarding pharma tracking View registration April 18, 2013 MedSolutions Promote Medicare policies requiring prior authorization for advanced imaging services. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 8 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Baker, Donelson et al" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Baker, Donelson et al
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Baker, Donelson et al
- Toggle 3 FAA Larry L. Davis vs. Jackson Municipal Airport Authority, Jackson, MS 2010
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and Fiscal Year 2010 Rates and to the Long Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and Rate Year 2010 Rates 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Regional Extension Program 2009
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the Competitive Acquisition of Certain Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) by Certain Provisions of the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 (MIPPA) 2009
- Toggle 1 CMS Cost Limit for Providers Operated by Units of Government and Provisions to Ensure the Integrity of Federal-State Financial Partnership 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology: Initial Set of Standards, Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria for Electronic Health Record Technology 2010
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Electronic Health Record Incentive Program 2009
- Toggle 1 CMS Organ Procurement Organization Conditions for Coverage 2010
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Baker, Donelson et al" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee