Baker, Donelson et al
Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz P.C. (formerly Baker Donelson) is a large U.S. law firm and lobbying group with offices in the Southeastern United States, Washington, D.C. and London, England. According to the National Law Journal's 2010 rankings, it is the 72nd largest law firm in the United States, and the largest in the state of Tennessee. Forbes has twice selected Baker Donelson as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, citing the firm's commitment to diversity, public service and pro bono work.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$2,713,814 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Baker, Donelson et al
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Toshiba Corp $10,400,000 American Airlines $4,020,000 WR Grace & Co $3,260,000 L-3 Communications $2,870,000 University of Kentucky $2,250,000 Northwest Airlines $1,750,000 Philip Morris $1,720,000 Boeing Co $1,650,000 Foothill Transit $1,440,000 Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission $1,390,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Homeland Security,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2638 Border Infrastructure and Technology Modernizat H.R.3074 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 S.1789 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.2881 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2007 S.1300 Aviation Investment and Modernization Act of 2007 S.3181 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2009 H.R.5576 Transportation, Treasury, Housing and Urban Development, the Judiciary, the District of Columbia and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act, 2007 S.1644 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2008 S.3261 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2009 S.3604 Economic Recovery Act, 2008
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary April 9, 2015 National Assn of Community Health Ctrs Implementation of Public Law No. 111-148, provisions affecting community health centers. View registration April 9, 2015 Millennium Health Medicare coverage policies; provider enrollment issues. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 60 dockets; Submitted to 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Baker, Donelson et al" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Baker, Donelson et al
- Toggle 10 FAA Glyn Johnson DBA Zoo City Skydivers v. Yazoo County and Yazoo County Port Commission - Complaint 2004
- Toggle 2 PHMSA COFAP Of America, Inc. - Hazardous Materials - Exemption - Accumulators - Non-Flammable Gas 1997
- Toggle 2 SEC Whistleblower Award Program: Title IX Provisions of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Regional Extension Program 2009
- Toggle 1 HHSIG Electronic Health Records Safe Harbors 2013
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Executive Compensation and Related Party Disclosure 2006
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Proposed Rules for Implementing the Whistleblower Provisions of Section 21F of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 2010
- Toggle 1 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part I): Regulatory Capital, Minimum Regulatory Capital Ratios, Capital Adequacy, Transition Provisions 2012
- Toggle 1 DOS 60–Day Notice of Proposed Information Collection: DS–5513, Biographical Questionnaire for U.S. Passport, 1405–XXXX 2011
- Toggle 1 SSA Evidence Requirements for Assignment of Social Security Numbers (SSNs); Assignment of SSNs for Nonwork Purposes 2006
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Baker, Donelson et al
- Toggle 19 FAA Glyn Johnson DBA Zoo City Skydivers v. Yazoo County and Yazoo County Port Commission - Complaint 2004
- Toggle 6 PHMSA COFAP Of America, Inc. - Hazardous Materials - Exemption - Accumulators - Non-Flammable Gas 1997
- Toggle 4 SEC Whistleblower Award Program: Title IX Provisions of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act 2010
- Toggle 4 FAA Larry L. Davis vs. Jackson Municipal Airport Authority, Jackson, MS 2010
- Toggle 4 SEC Comments on Proposed Rules for Implementing the Whistleblower Provisions of Section 21F of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 2010
- Toggle 3 EERE Energy Conservation Standards Ceiling Fans and Ceiling Fan Light Kits: Public Meeting and Availability of the Framework Document 2012
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the Competitive Acquisition of Certain Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) by Certain Provisions of the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 (MIPPA) 2009
- Toggle 3 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Executive Compensation and Related Party Disclosure 2006
- Toggle 3 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (Within-Perimeter Exemptions, i.e., Service to Another Airport 1,250 Miles Away or Less From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 2 CMS Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and CY 2011 Payment Rates; Changes to the Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System and CY 2011 Payment Rates; Changes to Payments to Hospitals for Certain Inpatient Hospital Services and for Graduate Medical Education Costs; and Changes to Physician Self-Referral Rules and Related Changes to Provider Agreement Regulations 2010
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Baker, Donelson et al" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee