Baker Botts LLP
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Baker Botts LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Aircraft Owners & Pilots Assn $580,000 Related Co $230,000 Featherlite Inc $160,000 Verizon Business $140,000 National Electrical Manufacturers Assn $135,000 Teledyne Technologies $130,000 Thaksin Shinawatra $80,000 New England Transrail $60,000 Akzo Nobel Polymer Chemicals $28,000 ShipCom LLC $20,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
- Government Issues,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Foreign Relations,
- Homeland Security,
RegulationsMentioned in 11 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Baker Botts LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Baker Botts LLP
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Baker Botts LLP
- Toggle 8 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for XIENCE™ V EECSS (everolimus eluting coronary stent system), U.S. Patent No. 5,451,233 2008
- Toggle 4 EPA Standards of Performance for Coal Preparation Plants 2008
- Toggle 3 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 2 EPA Proposed Rule to Implement the 8-Hour Ozone National Ambient Air Qualtiy Standard: Revisions on Subpart 1 Areas and Contingency Measures 2007
- Toggle 2 EPA NESHAP for Existing Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines 2008
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-regulatory organizations; proposed rule changes: NASDAQ Stock Market LLC 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2008 Ozone Standards 2008
- Toggle 1 EPA TX082 Texas SIP; Infrastructure and Interstate Transport Requirements for the 1997 Ozone and the 1997 and 2006 PM-2.5 National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) 2008
- Toggle 1 EPA TX077 Texas Revisions to 30 TAC Chapter 116, Control of Air Pollution by Permits for New Construction or Modification, submitted to EPA to September 25, 2003 (TX-170, 6-64); Revisions to Section 116.115, General and Special Conditions, and Section 116.120, Voiding of Permits. 2008
- Toggle 1 IRS Automatic Contribution Arrangements 2007