Baker Botts LLP
Campaign Finance$4,101,636 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Baker Botts LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Aircraft Owners & Pilots Assn $970,000 MCI Inc $320,000 Verizon Business $300,000 Related Co $230,000 Featherlite Inc $220,000 National Electrical Manufacturers Assn $135,000 NEXA Capital Partners $130,000 Teledyne Technologies $130,000 Raytheon Co $110,000 American Airlines $80,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Government Issues,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Oct. 24, 2013 AZ Wheat Harvesters, c/o Jim Baker, Baker Harvesting Compensation for karnal bunt eradication View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 105 dockets; Submitted to 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Baker Botts LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Baker Botts LLP
- Toggle 6 FMCSA ESC - In the Matter of Halliburton Energy Services, Inc. - Request for Administrative Review of HMSP Denial 2005
- Toggle 3 FAA In the Matter of 2003
- Toggle 3 USCG Northeast Gateway Energy Bridge, L.L.C., Liquefied Natural Gas Deepwater Port License Application 2005
- Toggle 2 FMCSA In the Matter of Ace Transportation, Inc. - Request for Administrative Review of HMSP Denial 2005
- Toggle 2 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for Xience Prime® (LL Everolimus Eluting Coronary Stent System), U.S. Patent No. 5,514,154 2012
- Toggle 1 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 1 IRS Treatment of Property Used To Acquire Parent Stock in Certain Triangular Reorganizations Involving Foreign Corporations 2008
- Toggle 1 IRS Automatic Contribution Arrangements 2007
- Toggle 1 USCG Petition for Rulemaking: Exclusion Zones for Marine LNG Spills 2004
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Baker Botts LLP
- Toggle 10 FMCSA ESC - In the Matter of Halliburton Energy Services, Inc. - Request for Administrative Review of HMSP Denial 2005
- Toggle 8 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for XIENCE™ V EECSS (everolimus eluting coronary stent system), U.S. Patent No. 5,451,233 2008
- Toggle 8 EPA TX031 Texas Revisions to 30 TAC Chapters 39, 101, and 116, RE: Rules for Qualified Facilities (Ch 39, G-65, 6-40, 6-48, 6-54, 6-58, 6-60). 2005
- Toggle 7 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 5 EPA Action to Ensure Authority of State and Local Air Permit Programs to Regulate All Pollutants Elsewhere Subject to Regulation Under the Clean Air Act 2010
- Toggle 5 EPA Texas Prevention of Significant Deterioration Program Concerning Greenhouse Gas-Emitting Sources 2010
- Toggle 5 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 5 EPA TX038 Texas Revisions to 30 TAC Chapters 39, 55, 101, 106, and 116; RE: Flexible Permits (Ch 39, Ch 55, G-65, G-73, P-19, 6-34, 6-40, 6-48, 6-51, 6-54, 6-55, 6-60, 6-61, 6-64) 2005
- Toggle 4 EPA Revision of Wastewater Treatment Exemptions for Hazardous Waste Mixtures 2002
- Toggle 4 EPA TX045 Texas Revisions to 30 TAC Chapters 101 and 116, RE: New Source Review for Eight-Hour Ozone Standard and for Federal New Source Review Permit Rules Reform, submitted to EPA June 10, 2005 (TX-111, G-78, 6-67) and February 1, 2006 (TX-216, 6-68) 2006
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Baker Botts LLP" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee