Campaign Finance$100 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Backlin, James
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Christian Coalition $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Family, Abortion & Adoption,
- Gaming, Gambling & Casinos,
- Health Issues,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3 No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act H.J.RES.1 Proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States. H.J.RES.41 Proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States. H.R.2560 Cut, Cap, and Balance Act of 2011 H.R.217 Title X Abortion Provider Prohibition Act H.R.358 Protect Life Act H.R.2706 Billfish Conservation Act of 2012 H.J.RES.9 Disapproving a rule submitted by the Environmental Protection Agency relating to the National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants from the Portland Cement Manufacturing Industry and Standards of Performance for Portland Cement Plants. H.J.RES.11 Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to balance the Federal budget. S.J.RES.11 A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relative to limiting the number of terms that a Member of Congress may serve to 3 in the House of Representatives and 2 in the Senate.