Babcock & Wilcox
The Babcock & Wilcox Company (B&W;) is a U.S.-based company that provides design, engineering, manufacturing, construction and facilities management services to nuclear, renewable, fossil power, industrial and government customers worldwide. B&W;'s boilers supply more than 300,000 megawatts of installed capacity in over 90 countries around the world.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Babcock & Wilcox
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Babcock & Wilcox $2,600,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Foreign Relations,
- Health Issues,
- Environment & Superfund,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.942 American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.992 Building American Jobs Act of 2011 S.652 Building and Upgrading Infrastructure for Long-Term Development S.99 American Medical Isotopes Production Act of 2011 S.1813 MAP-21 H.R.8 Job Protection and Recession Prevention Act of 2012 H.R.1280 To amend the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 to require congressional approval of agreements for peaceful nuclear cooperation with foreign countries, and for other purposes. H.R.4348 Transportation Research and Innovative Technology Act of 2012 S.1751 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act
RegulationsMentioned in 41 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Babcock & Wilcox" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Babcock & Wilcox
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Babcock & Wilcox
- Toggle 7 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Colorado; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; Massachusetts; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan. 2012
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA NY Regional Haze SIP 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Wyoming; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan. 2012
- Toggle 2 NRC ACRS Subcommittee on Digital Instrumentation and Control (DI&C) Meetings (CY 2012) 2012
- Toggle 2 NRC Revision of Fee Schedules; Fee Recovery for FY 2011 2011
- Toggle 2 NRC Enhanced Weapons, Firearms Background Checks, and Security Event Notifications 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval and Promulgation of State Implementation Programs; State of Utah; Regional Haze Rule Requirements for 40 CFR 51.309 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA District of Columbia- State Implementation Plan (SIP) Revision for Regional Haze 2011
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Babcock & Wilcox" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee