Aurora Health Care
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system headquartered in Milwaukee and serving eastern Wisconsin. The system has 13 hospitals, over 100 clinics, and more than 80 community pharmacies. With 29,000 employees including 3,385 physicians, Aurora is one of Wisconsin's largest private-sector employers. Since its formation in 1984, Aurora has expanded by acquisition of independent community hospitals and construction of new hospitals.
Campaign Finance$525,281 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Aurora Health Care
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1539 H.R.1776 Social Security Personal Savings Guarantee and Prosperity Act of 2005 S.1 H.R.1539 Academic Partnerships Lead Us to Success Act H.R.1776 Call Center Consumer's Right to Know Act S.1 Honest Leadership and Open Government Act of 2007 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 50 dockets; Submitted to 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Aurora Health Care" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Aurora Health Care
- Toggle 2 FDA Use of Medication Guides to Distribute Drug Risk Information to Patients; Public Hearing 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 1 ESA Request for Information on the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 2006
- Toggle 1 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies for Certain Opioid Drugs; Notice of Public Meeting 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Aurora Health Care
- Toggle 5 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 4 CMS Prospective Payment System for Long-Term Care Hospitals RY 2008: Proposed Annual Payment Rate Updates, Policy Changes, Clarifications, and Hospital Direct and Indirect Graduate Medical Education Payments 2010
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicare Drug Benefit Effective CY 2006 (Title I) 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 2 Medicare Program; Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and Fiscal Year 2014 Rates; Quality Reporting Requirements for Specific Providers; Hospital Conditions of Participation 2013
- Toggle 2 ESA Request for Information on the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 2006
- Toggle 2 FEMA Voluntary Private Sector Accreditation and Certification Preparedness Program 2008
- Toggle 2 CMS Proposed Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems and Fiscal Year 2009 Rates; Proposed Changes to Disclosure of Physician Ownership in Hospitals and Physician Self-Referral Rules; Proposed Collection of Information Regarding Financial Relationships Between Hospitals and Physicians 2008
- Toggle 2 CMS Cytology Proficiency Testing (PT) 2009
Advisory Committees4 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Aurora Health Care" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 4 people on 3 committees