Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's September 30, 2007 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of AT&T Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount AT&T Inc $31,631,784 AON Consulting $40,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Homeland Security,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues,
- Health Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.2248 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 Amendments Act of 2008 S.1492 Broadband Data Improvement Act H.R.3773 RESTORE Act of 2007 H.R.1194 Telephone Excise Tax Repeal Act of 2007 H.R.5353 Internet Freedom Preservation Act of 2008 H.R.743 Permanent Internet Tax Freedom Act of 2007 H.R.6304 FISA Amendments Act of 2008 H.R.3403 NET 911 Improvement Act of 2008 S.156 Permanent Internet Tax Freedom Act of 2007 H.R.3919 Broadband Census of America Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 394 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "AT&T Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for AT&T Inc
- Toggle 4 TSA Large Aircraft Security Program, Other Aircraft Operator Security Program, and Airport Operator Security Program 2008
- Toggle 2 OSHA EXPLOSIVES 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Food Labeling; Current Trends in the Use of Allergen Advisory Labeling: Its Use, Effectiveness, and Consumer Perception; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2008
- Toggle 1 IRS Guidance Regarding Deduction & Capitalization of Expenditures Related to Tangible Property 2007
- Toggle 1 ESA Family and Medical Leave Act Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 29 CFR Part 825 2008
- Toggle 1 NOAA Taking of Marine Mammals Incidental to Commercial Fishing Operations; Atlantic Large Whale Take Reduction Plan Regulations 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for AT&T Inc
- Toggle 40 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 20 EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category 2008
- Toggle 12 FWS Pygmy Rabbit 2007
- Toggle 12 FHWA National Standards for Traffic Control Devices; The Manual and Uniform Traffic Control Devices for Streets and Highways; Revision 2007
- Toggle 10 TSA Large Aircraft Security Program, Other Aircraft Operator Security Program, and Airport Operator Security Program 2008
- Toggle 9 EPA Testing of Certain High Production Volume Chemicals; Second Group of Chemicals 2007
- Toggle 9 EPA Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for Greenhouse Gases Under the Clean Air Act 2008
- Toggle 7 DOT Standard Time Zone Boundary in Southwest Indiana 2007
- Toggle 7 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Carbon Monoxide 2008
- Toggle 6 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards 2008
Federal Spending24 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|At&T Corp||2007||DTS-CE CIRCUIT PDC YQBEPM 1OCT06-31MAR07||$8,028,267|
|At&T Corp||2007||AUTHORIZE PERFORMANCE OF FOC SEGMENT 3||$7,407,407|
|At&T Corp||2008||OBLIGATE THE FUNDING FOR OPTIONS 1 & 2 EXTENSION PERIOD (01 JUNE 2008 - 30 NOVEMBER 2008)||$6,713,028|
|At&T Corp||2008||PROVIDE FY2008 FUNDING FROM 3/1/08-9/30/08 FOR CLINS 4001, 4002, 4003, 4005AA, 4011AA, AND 4006AD||$6,174,167|
|At&T Corp||2007||DISN VIDIO SERVICES GLOBAL||$6,089,078|
|At&T Corp||2007||DISN VIDIO SERVICES GLOBAL||$5,746,605|
|At&T Corp||2008||AWARD IP NS/EP FOC S4 PART 1||$5,061,771|
|At&T Corp||2007||DISN VIDIO SERVICES GLOBAL||$3,677,922|
|At&T Corp||2008||DISN VIDIO SERVICES GLOBAL||$3,497,462|
|At&T Corp||2007||FUNDING FOR OPTION PERIOD 2||$3,370,271|
Contractor Misconduct4 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Labor||None||Religious Discrimination||2007||Judgment Against Defendant||$756,000|
|Labor||None||Edwards v. Southwestern Bell Telephone (Racial Discrimination)||2008||Judgment Against Defendant||$411,339|
|Consumer Affairs||None||McKee v. AT&T (Washington Class Action)||2008||Pending||$0|
|Labor||None||Overtime Compensation Lawsuits||2008||Pending||$0|
Advisory Committees33 people on 15 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "AT&T Inc" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 19 people on 7 committees
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 5 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Federal Communications Commission 4 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of State 3 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Office of Management and Budget 1 person on 1 committee