AstraZeneca plc is a global pharmaceutical and biologics company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is the world's seventh-largest pharmaceutical company measured by revenues and has operations in over 100 countries. It has a portfolio of products for major disease areas including cancer, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, infection, neuroscience, respiratory and inflammation.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of AstraZeneca PLC
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals $6,420,000 Medimmune Inc $2,340,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.27 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 S.319 Pharmaceutical Market Access and Drug Safety Act of 2011 H.R.2182 Generating Antibiotic Incentives Now Act of 2011 S.1790 Department of Defense Audit Readiness Act of 2011 S.1734 Generating Antibiotic Incentives Now Act of 2011 H.R.3590 Indonesian Family Refugee Protection Act H.R.2245 Preserving Access to Life-Saving Medications Act of 2011 S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 S.296 Preserving Access to Life-Saving Medications Act
RegulationsMentioned in 107 dockets; Submitted to 30 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "AstraZeneca PLC" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for AstraZeneca PLC
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff: Commercially Distributed In Vitro Diagnostic Products Labeled for Research Use Only or Investigational Use Only: Frequently Asked Questions; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Clinical Trial Endpoints for the Approval of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Drugs and Biologics; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy Assessments: Social Science Methodologies to Assess Goals Related to Knowledge; Public Workshop; Issue Paper 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for IRBs, Clinical Investigators, and Sponsors: Considerations When Transferring Clinical Investigation Oversight to Another IRB; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for Vandetanib, U.S. Patent No. 7,173,038 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for Brilinta® (ticagrelor), U.S. Patent No. 7,250,419 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for Brilinta® (ticagrelor), U.S. Patent No. 7,265,124 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Tablet Scoring: Nomenclature, Labeling, and Data for Evaluation; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Oversight of Clinical Investigations — A Risk-Based Approach to Monitoring; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff on In Vitro Companion Diagnostic Devices; Availability 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for AstraZeneca PLC
- Toggle 11 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Healthcare Professional Survey of Prescription Drug Promotion 2012
- Toggle 4 FDA Advisory Opinion regarding certain drug delivery device patents submitted for listing in the Orange Book under Section 505 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Request FDA To Not Approve Any Rosuvastatin Calcium Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Which Crestor is the Reference Listed Drug - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA To Not Approve any Quetiapine Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Which Seroquel is the Reference Listed Drug if the Proposed Labeling for any Such ANDA Omits Information That FDA Required AstraZeneca to Include in the Labeling for Seroquel - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Request to Disapprove Abbreviated New Drug Application 78-868 Filed by Apotex, Inc. for Generic Tizanidine Hydrochloride Capsules - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 3 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 2 USTR 2013 Special 301 Review 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff: Applying Human Factors and Usability Engineering to Optimize Medical Device Design; Availability 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Requesting the FDA to Withdraw Approval of Adjuvant ACT Chemotherapy for BRCA1 Breast Cancer Patients 2012
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "AstraZeneca PLC" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 2 people on 2 committees