Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals $8,420,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1424 Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 H.R.6331 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 S.558 Mental Health Parity Act of 2007 S.1145 Patent Reform Act of 2007 S.2029 Physician Payments Sunshine Act of 2007 S.1695 Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act of 2007 H.R.3162 Children's Health and Medicare Protection Act of 2007 H.R.1956 Patient Protection and Innovative Biologic Medicines Act of 2007 H.R.1908 Patent Reform Act of 2007 H.R.2900 Food and Drug Administration Amendments Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 14 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Toggle 3 FDA Determine Whether Seroquel, 150 mg (Quetiapine Fumarate) Tablets (NDA 20-639) has Been Withdrawn for Safety or Effectiveness Reasons-CLOSED 2007
- Toggle 2 FDA Guidance for Industry on Good Reprint Practices for the Distribution of Medical Journal Articles and Medical or Scientific Reference Publications on Unapproved New Uses of Approved Drugs and Approved or Cleared Medical Devices 2008
- Toggle 2 FDA Determination That SEROQUEL (Quetiapine Fumarate) Tablets, 150 Milligrams, Were Not Withdrawn From Sale for Reasons of Safety or Effectiveness-CLOSED 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Review Labeling and Bioequivalence Standards for Felodipine Extended-Release Tablets to Incorporate Safety Information and Ensure Equivalent Product Safety and Effectiveness 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA State Implementation Plan Revision Regarding Attainment of the 8-Hour Ozone Standard in Connecticut. 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Ensure that newly discovered CYP450 system phenotyping (metabolism) and inhibition information is appropriately incorporated into labeling for Felodipine Extended-Release Tablets USP (and other felodipine drug products, as appropriate) and that necessary studies are performed to assure that product administration and generic substitution can occur without adverse clinical concerns - CLOSED 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Diabetes Mellitus: Developing Drugs and Therapeutic Biologics for Treatment and Prevention; Availability 2008
- Toggle 1 USCBP Uniform Rules of Origin for Imported Merchandise 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Determination That RUBRAMIN PC (Cyanocobalamin) Injection and 10 Other Drug Products Were Not Withdrawn From Sale for Reasons of Safety or Effectiveness 2008
- Toggle 1 EPA Delaware- 8-Hour Ozone Attainment Demonstration for the Philadelphia-Wilmington-Atlantic City Moderate Nonattainment Area 2008