Campaign Finance$5,408,841 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals $37,610,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 S.27 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act S.525 Pharmaceutical Market Access and Drug Safety Act of 2009 S.369 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act H.R.1548 Pathway for Biosimilars Act S.301 Physician Payments Sunshine Act of 2009 H.R.1424 Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 120 dockets; Submitted to 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Toggle 1 FDA Stay Effect Date for Approval of ANDA for generic DIPRIVAN 1999
- Toggle 1 FDA Guidance for Industry on Drug Substance; Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls Information 2003
- Toggle 1 IRS Request for Information Regarding Sections 101 Through 104 of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA To not Approve Any Quetiapine Abbreviated New Drug Application for Which Seroquel XR is The Reference Listed Drug, Unless The Conditions Specified in The Petition Are Satisfied 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA To Not Approve any Quetiapine Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Which Seroquel is the Reference Listed Drug if the Proposed Labeling for any Such ANDA Omits Information That FDA Required AstraZeneca to Include in the Labeling for Seroquel - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Request FDA To Not Approve Any Rosuvastatin Calcium Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Which Crestor is the Reference Listed Drug - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA DIPRIVAN (propofol) Injectable Emulsion 1998
- Toggle 1 FDA Stay the effective date of approval of ANDAs for Diprivan 1999
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Toggle 4 FDA Stay Effect Date for Approval of ANDA for generic DIPRIVAN 1999
- Toggle 4 NIH Recently Posted NIH Rules and Notices. Unknown
- Toggle 3 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Advisory Committee, Workshops, and Conferences Notices Various Meetings Notices (eg., Task Force Meeting, etc.) 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Request FDA To Not Approve Any Rosuvastatin Calcium Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Which Crestor is the Reference Listed Drug - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 3 FAA In the Matter of Empire Airlines - Complaint - CP09NM0009 2009
- Toggle 3 FDA To not Approve Any Quetiapine Abbreviated New Drug Application for Which Seroquel XR is The Reference Listed Drug, Unless The Conditions Specified in The Petition Are Satisfied 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA To Not Approve any Quetiapine Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Which Seroquel is the Reference Listed Drug if the Proposed Labeling for any Such ANDA Omits Information That FDA Required AstraZeneca to Include in the Labeling for Seroquel - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 3 FAA In the Matter of Federal Express - Complaint - CP09NM0010 2009
- Toggle 3 EPA Delaware- Attainment Plan for the 1997 Fine Particulate Matter National Ambient Air Quality Standards and 2002 Base Year Inventory for the Delaware Nonattainment Area 2010
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee