Astellas Pharma USA
Astellas Pharma Inc. (アステラス製薬株式会社, Asuterasu Seiyaku Kabushiki-gaisha?, TYO: 4503) is a Japanese pharmaceutical company, formed on 1 April 2005 from the merger of Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (山之内製薬株式会社, Yamanouchi Seiyaku Kabushiki-gaisha?) and Fujisawa Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (藤沢薬品工業株式会社, Fujisawa Yakuhin Kōgyō Kabushiki-gaisha?).
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Astellas Pharma USA
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Astellas Pharma USA $3,230,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.99 American Medical Isotopes Production Act of 2011 H.R.2182 Generating Antibiotic Incentives Now Act of 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 S.1734 Generating Antibiotic Incentives Now Act of 2011 S.3187 Food and Drug Administration Safety and Innovation Act H.R.2245 Preserving Access to Life-Saving Medications Act of 2011 H.R.2969 Comprehensive Immunosuppressive Drug Coverage for Kidney Transplant Patients Act of 2011 H.R.5345 To suspend temporarily the duty on 3-[8-Amino-1-(2-phenyl-quinolin-7-yl)-imidazo[1,5-a]pyrazin- 3-yl]-1-methyl-cyclobutanol (OSI-906). H.R.5357 To suspend temporarily the duty on placebos to be used in clinical trials for the drug ASP2408.
RegulationsMentioned in 19 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Astellas Pharma USA" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Astellas Pharma USA
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicaid Program; Covered Outpatient Drugs (CMS-2345-P) 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective and Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment Systems and Quality Reporting Programs; Electronic Reporting Pilot; Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities Quality Reporting Program; Quality Improvement Organization Regulations 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Regulatory New Drug Review: Solutions for Study Data Exchange Standards; Notice of Meeting; Request for Comments 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment; Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment; Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program; Physician Self-Referral; and Provider Agreement Regulations on Patient Notification Requirements 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR 2013 Special 301 Review 2012
- Toggle 1 FTC Requests for Early Termination of Waiting Period under Premerger Notification Rules 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Advisory Committee, Workshops, and Conferences Notices Various Meeting Notices (eg., Task Force Meeting, etc.) 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Draft Toxicological Review of vanadium Pentoxide: In Support of Summary Information on the integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) 2011