Astellas Pharma USA
Astellas Pharma Inc. (アステラス製薬株式会社, Asuterasu Seiyaku Kabushiki-gaisha?, TYO: 4503) is a Japanese pharmaceutical company, formed on 1 April 2005 from the merger of Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (山之内製薬株式会社, Yamanouchi Seiyaku Kabushiki-gaisha?) and Fujisawa Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (藤沢薬品工業株式会社, Fujisawa Yakuhin Kōgyō Kabushiki-gaisha?).
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Astellas Pharma USA
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Astellas Pharma USA $3,341,408
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Government Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1458 Comprehensive Immunosuppressive Drug Coverage for Kidney Transplant Patients Act of 2009 S.565 Comprehensive Immunosuppressive Drug Coverage for Kidney Transplant Patients Act of 2009 H.R.574 Medicare Home Infusion Therapy Coverage Act of 2009 S.254 Medicare Home Infusion Therapy Coverage Act of 2009 H.R.2400 Strategies to Address Antimicrobial Resistance Act H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.3276 American Medical Isotopes Production Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 43 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Astellas Pharma USA" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Astellas Pharma USA
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Astellas Pharma USA
- Toggle 5 USTR Pharmaceutical Appendix Update 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicaid Prescription Drugs Average Manufacture Price 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2010 2009
- Toggle 2 CMS Policy and Technical Changes to the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit for Contract Year 2009 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems and FY 2008 Rates 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Connecticut: Prevention of Significant Deterioration; Greenhouse Gas Permitting Authority and Tailoring Rule Revision 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Determine Whether Oxycotin 10mgs, 15 mgs, 20mgs, 30mgs, 40mgs, 60mgs, 80mgs, and 160mgs, Oxycotin Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets has Been Voluntarily Withdrawn or Withheld From Sale for Safety or Efficacy Reasons 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Action to Ensure Authority of State and Local Air Permit Programs to Regulate All Pollutants Elsewhere Subject to Regulation Under the Clean Air Act 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Advisory Committee, Workshops, and Conferences Notices Various Meetings Notices (eg., Task Force Meeting, etc.) 2009