ASTAR Air Cargo
ASTAR Air Cargo is an American cargo airline based in Miami, Florida, USA. It operates regularly scheduled cargo charter services to over 34 US airports and nine international airports, as well as worldwide charter freight services. It provides air freight services to six domestic and foreign locations for the United States Department of Defense. Its main base is Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport in Hebron, Kentucky, with hubs at Miami International Airport, Los Angeles International Airport. It has 1,037 employees.
Campaign Finance$613,518 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of ASTAR Air Cargo
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4939 Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Hurricane Recovery, 2006 H.R.5576 Transportation, Treasury, Housing and Urban Development, the Judiciary, the District of Columbia and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act, 2007 H.R.5631 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2007 H.R.4954 SAFE Port Act S.2334 Port Security Act of 2006 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.1268 Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief, 2005 H.R.5441 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2007 S.1300 Aviation Investment and Modernization Act of 2007 S.2333 Foreign Investment Security Improvement Act of 2006
RegulationsMentioned in 742 dockets; Submitted to 28 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "ASTAR Air Cargo" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for ASTAR Air Cargo
- Toggle 68 DOT United Parcel Service Co. - Petition to Institute a Public Inquiry Into the Citizenship and Foreign Control of DHL Airways, Inc. 2002
- Toggle 4 DOT ASTAR Air Cargo, Inc. and ASTAR USA, LLC - Certificate - Transfer of Authority 2010
- Toggle 3 DOT In the Matter of Streamlining Regulatory Procedures For Licensing U.S. and Foreign Air Carriers 2005
- Toggle 3 FAA DHL Airways, Inc. - Exemption/Rulemaking 2001
- Toggle 3 DOT ASTAR Air Cargo, Inc. - Exemption - U.S.-Mexico All Cargo Service 2005
- Toggle 2 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - ASTAR Air Cargo (ASTAR) 2004
- Toggle 2 DOT ASTAR Air Cargo, Inc. - Amendment/Certificate - U.S.-Mexico All Cargo Service 2005
- Toggle 2 DOT ASTAR Air Cargo, Inc. - Exemption - U.S.-Mexico All Cargo Service 2005
- Toggle 2 DOT DHL Airways, Inc. - Certificate/Renewal/Amendment - United States-Mexico All Cargo Service 2001
- Toggle 2 DOT ASTAR Air Cargo, Inc. - Exemption - U.S.-Mexico 2005
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for ASTAR Air Cargo
- Toggle 358 DOT United Parcel Service Co. - Petition to Institute a Public Inquiry Into the Citizenship and Foreign Control of DHL Airways, Inc. 2002
- Toggle 42 EPA Effluent Guidelines and Standards for the Airport Deicing Category 2004
- Toggle 19 DOT Porter Airlines Inc. - Foreign Permit/Exemption - Canada-U.S. 2007
- Toggle 16 DOT USA 3000 Airlines - Exemption - U.S.-Mexico Scheduled Service 2002
- Toggle 15 DOT In the Matter of Streamlining Regulatory Procedures For Licensing U.S. and Foreign Air Carriers 2005
- Toggle 15 DOT USA3000, BA, SAS, Air France, Swiss, Virgin, Lufthansa, TAP, Alitalia, El Al, Air Jamaica, Singapore and KLM - Complaint Against the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and Newark International Airport - Airport Fees Dispute 2005
- Toggle 13 PHMSA Pacific Bio-Materials Management, Inc. - Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Authorize the Transportation in Commerce of Infectious Substances in a Large Capacity Liquid Nitrogen Freezer 2005
- Toggle 11 DOT DHL Airways, Inc. - Certificate/Renewal/Amendment - United States-Mexico All Cargo Service 2001
- Toggle 11 DOT ASTAR Air Cargo, Inc. and ASTAR USA, LLC - Certificate - Transfer of Authority 2010
- Toggle 11 PHMSA American Promotional Events, Inc. - Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Transportation in Commerce of Certain Fireworks in Non-DOT Specification Packagings 2005