Association of American Railroads
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Association of American Railroads
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Association of American Railroads $20,908,054
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Homeland Security,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1813 MAP-21 H.R.304 To amend the limitation on liability for certain passenger rail accidents or incidents under section 28103 of title 49, United States Code, and for other purposes. H.R.721 Short Line Railroad Rehabilitation and Investment Act of 2011 S.672 Short Line Railroad Rehabilitation and Investment Act of 2011 S.49 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2011 S.158 Surface Transportation Board Reauthorization Act of 2011 H.R.763 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2011 H.R.801 Truck Weight Uniformity Act of 2011 S.112 A bill to authorize the application of State law with respect to vehicle weight limitations on the Interstate Highway System in the States of Maine and Vermont. S.371 Focusing Resources, Economic Investment, and Guidance to Help Transportation Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 13 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Association of American Railroads" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Association of American Railroads
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Association of American Railroads
- Toggle 30 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Rail Petitions and Recommendations to Improve the Safety of Railroad Tank Car Transportation 2012
- Toggle 7 EPA Definition of "Waters of the United States" Under the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants Phosphoric Acid Manufacturing and Phosphate Fertilizer Production Residual Risk and Technology Review 2012
- Toggle 1 FRA U.S. DOT/FRA - Northeast Corridor (NEC) Safety and Security Committee 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Cleveland, Ohio PM 2.5 Redesignation and Maintenance Plan 2011
- Toggle 1 NTSB Plan for Retrospective Analysis of Existing Rules 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Air Quality Designations for the 2012 PM2.5 Standards 2012
- Toggle 1 FRA Safety Glazing Standards: Miscellaneous Revisions 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Cleveland, Ohio 2006 PM2.5 24-Hour Standard redesignation 2012