Associated General Contractors
The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) is a membership organization dedicated to furthering the ever-changing agenda of commercial construction contractors, improving job site safety, expanding the use of cutting edge technologies and techniques and strengthening the dialogue between contractors and owners within the construction industry.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Associated General Contractors
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Associated General Contractors $1,130,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Roads & Highways,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Foreign Relations,
- Government Issues,
- Health Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.735 Government Neutrality in Contracting Act S.119 Government Neutrality in Contracting Act H.R.1861 Infrastructure Jobs and Energy Independence Act S.972 Clean Construction Act of 2011 H.R.190 Protecting America's Workers Act H.R.972 Secret Ballot Protection Act S.217 Secret Ballot Protection Act of 2011 H.R.2164 Legal Workforce Act S.1196 Accountability Through Electronic Verification Act H.R.1802 Sustainable Water Infrastructure Investment Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 45 dockets; Submitted to 12 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Associated General Contractors" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Associated General Contractors
- Toggle 7 DOT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise: Program Implementation Modifications 2012
- Toggle 1 Federal Acquisition Regulation; Contractor Comment Period, Past Performance Evaluations; FAR Case 2012-028 2012
- Toggle 1 FAR Federal Acquisition Regulation; Documenting Contractor Performance; FAR Case 2012-009 2012
- Toggle 1 OSHA Establishment of the Whistleblower Protection Advisory Committee (WPAC) 2012
- Toggle 1 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 OSHA Standard Improvement Project, Phase IV ("SIP IV") 2012
- Toggle 1 IRS Withholding on Payments by Government Entities to Persons Providing Property or Services 2011
- Toggle 1 OFCCP Affirmative Action and Nondiscrimination Obligations of Contractors and Subcontractors Regarding Protected Veterans 2011
- Toggle 1 FAR Federal Acquisition Regulation; Documenting Contractor Performance; FAR Case 2009-042 2011
- Toggle 1 SBA Acquisition Process: Task and Delivery Order Contracts, Bundling, Consolidation 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Associated General Contractors
- Toggle 16 DOT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise: Program Implementation Modifications 2012
- Toggle 11 EPA Draft Guidance on Identifying Waters Protected by the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 9 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 9 OSHA Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH) 2012
- Toggle 8 OSHA Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH) 2011
- Toggle 4 IRS Health Insurance Premium Assistance Credit 2011
- Toggle 3 OFCCP Affirmative Action and Nondiscrimination Obligations of Contractors and Subcontractors Regarding Protected Veterans 2011
- Toggle 3 OFCCP Non-Discrimination in Compensation; Compensation Data Collection Tool 2011
- Toggle 2 USDA Agriculture Acquisition; Labor Law Violations 2012
- Toggle 2 HHS Exchange Functions in the Individual Market: Eligibility Determinations; Standards for Verification of Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage, Employer Appeals, and Employer SHOP Participation 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Associated General Contractors" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Labor 1 person on 1 committee