Assn of Trial Lawyers of America
The American Association for Justice (AAJ), formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA) is the leading organization for lawyers representing plaintiffs in the United States. AAJ states that it "promotes justice and fairness for injured persons, safeguards victims' rights--particularly the right to trial by jury--and strengthens the civil justice system through education and disclosure of information critical to public health and safety." It provides information and professional assistance to its members. It is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
Campaign Finance$25,604,184 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Assn of Trial Lawyers of America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Assn of Trial Lawyers of America $29,440,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Government Issues,
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports
RegulationsMentioned in 16 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Assn of Trial Lawyers of America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Assn of Trial Lawyers of America
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Assn of Trial Lawyers of America
- Toggle 4 DOT IATA - Approval of Agreements - Liability Limitations of the Warsaw Convention 1995
- Toggle 4 DOT Air Transport Association of America - Agreement Relating to Liability Limitations of the Warsaw Convention (9-A) 1996
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards; Designated Seating Positions 2009
- Toggle 2 FRA Waiver Petition 2005
- Toggle 1 CPSC Submission for OMB Review; Comment Request--Follow-Up Activities for Product-Related Injuries 2006
- Toggle 1 FRA Passenger Equipment Safety Standards; Front-End Strength of Multiple-Unit Locomotives and Cab Cars 2006
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Federal Motor Vechicle Safety Standard No.305: Electric Powered Vechicles, Electrolyte Spillage and Electrical Shock Protection 2010
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards; Fuel Systems Integrity 2003
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Event Data Recorders 2006
- Toggle 1 FRA Track Safety Standards; Continuous Welded Rail (CWR) 2008