Assn of National Advertisers
The Association of National Advertisers is a representative body for the marketing community in the United States of America. ANA’s membership includes over 400 companies with 9,000 brands that collectively spend over one hundred billion dollars in marketing communications and advertising. Membership is limited to client-side marketers only. The ANA's New York City Headquarters is an aggregator for marketing best practices and industry initiatives. The Washington, DC office oversees industry practices, manages industry affairs and protects advertisers' legislative rights.
Campaign Finance$3,410 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Assn of National Advertisers
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Assn of National Advertisers $16,280,000 Alliance for American Advertising $164,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Beverage Industry,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Food Industry,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.174 Healthy Lifestyles and Prevention America Act H.R.2633 HeLP America Act S.1342 Healthy Lifestyles and Prevention America Act H.R.722 Say No to Drug Ads Act H.R.2917 H.R.2966 Say No to Drug Ads Act H.R.1105 Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2009 S.334 Healthy Americans Act S.948 Children and Media Research Advancement Act H.R.1084 Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act
RegulationsMentioned in 26 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Assn of National Advertisers" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Assn of National Advertisers
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Assn of National Advertisers
- Toggle 5 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 4 EPA GUIDANCE FOR THE USE OF THE TERMS RECYCLED AND RECYCLABLE AND THE RECYCLING EMBLEM IN ENVIRONMENTAL MARKETING CLAIMS; NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND REQUEST FOR COMMENTS, (EPA/OSWFR91032) 1991
- Toggle 3 FDA FDA is Requesting Data, Information, and Views and Hosting a Web-Based Public Meeting to Discuss Issues Related to the Development of an Enforcement Action Plan 2010
- Toggle 3 OMB Development of the Joint Strategic Plan on Intellectual Property Enforcement 2012
- Toggle 2 DOT Policy Statement Regarding Unfair Exclusionary Practices - Statement of Enforcement Policy Regarding Unfair Exclusionary Conduct 1998
- Toggle 1 FTC Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Tobacco Product Advertising and Promotion to Youth and Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 FTC Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising 2008
- Toggle 1 OTS Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Sunscreen Drug Products 1978