Assn of American Universities
The Association of American Universities (AAU) is an organization of leading research universities devoted to maintaining a strong system of academic research and education. It consists of 61 universities in the United States (both public and private) and two universities in Canada.
Campaign Finance$4,531 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Assn of American Universities
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Assn of American Universities $141,907
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Science & Technology
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2146 DATA Act H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.627 Budget Control Act of 2011 H.R.2219 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1425 Creating Jobs Through Small Business Innovation Act of 2011 H.R.2117 Protecting Academic Freedom in Higher Education Act H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.493 SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 22 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Assn of American Universities" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Assn of American Universities
- Toggle 3 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 1 BIS Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR): Control of Military Electronic Equipment and Related Items the President Determines No Longer Warrant Control Under the United States Munitions List (USML) 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Assn of American Universities
- Toggle 11 OMB Reform of Federal Policies Relating to Grants and Cooperative Agreements; Cost Principles and Administrative Requirements (including Single Audit Act) 2012
- Toggle 4 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 2 DHS Reducing Regulatory Burden; Retrospective Review under Executive Order 13563 2011
- Toggle 2 DARS Safeguarding Unclassified DoD Information (DFARS Case 2011–D039) 2011
- Toggle 2 FAR Federal Acquisition Regulation; Basic Safeguarding of Contractor Information Systems; FAR Case 2011-020 2011
- Toggle 1 BIS Proposed Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations: Implementation of Export Control Reform; Revisions to License Exceptions after Retrospective Regulatory Review 2012
- Toggle 1 NOAA Reducing Regulatory Burden; Retrospective Review Under E.O 13563 2011
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Qualification of Drivers; Exemption Applications; Diabetes Mellitus 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; Health Insurance Market Rules CMS-9972-P 2012
- Toggle 1 DOJ Reducing Regulatory Burden; Retrospective Review Under E.O. 13563 2011