Assn of American Universities
The Association of American Universities (AAU) is an organization of leading research universities devoted to maintaining a strong system of academic research and education. It consists of 61 universities in the United States (both public and private) and two universities in Canada.
Campaign Finance$450 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Assn of American Universities
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Assn of American Universities $171,079
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Science & Technology,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 H.R.4899 Disaster Relief and Summer Jobs Act of 2010 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.2868 Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.5116 NIST GREEN JOBS Act of 2010 S.1796 America's Healthy Future Act of 2009 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.4801 Global Science Program for Security, Competitiveness, and Diplomacy Act of 2010 H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 7 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Assn of American Universities" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Assn of American Universities
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Assn of American Universities
- Toggle 10 NIH Responsibility of Applicants for Promoting Objectivity in Research for Which Public Health Service Funding is Sought and Responsible Prospective Contractors 2010
- Toggle 2 APHIS Agricultural Bioterrorism Protection Act of 2002; Biennial Review and Republication of the Select Agent and Toxin List; Reorganization of the Select Agent and Toxin List 2009
- Toggle 1 DARS Safeguarding Unclassified Information (2008-D028) 2010
- Toggle 1 ED Gainful Employment--Student Assistance General Provisions--34 CFR Part 668 2010
- Toggle 1 ED General and Non-Loan Programmatic Issues 2009
- Toggle 1 FAR Federal Acquisition Regulation; FAR Case 2008-039; Reporting Executive Compensation and First-Tier Subcontract Awards 2010
- Toggle 1 ED Program Integrity Issues--Title IV, Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended--34 CFR Part 600, 602, 603, 668, 682, 685, 686, 690, and 691 2010