Assn of American Publishers
The Association of American Publishers (AAP) is the national trade association of the American book publishing industry. AAP has more than 300 members, including most of the major commercial publishers in the United States, as well as smaller and non-profit publishers, university presses and scholarly societies. Former U.S. congresswoman Patricia Schroeder has served as the association's outspoken CEO since 1997. On May 1, 2009 former U.S. congressman Tom Allen took over as president and CEO.
Campaign Finance$74,900 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Assn of American Publishers
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Assn of American Publishers $1,135,617
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Science & Technology
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.968 PIPA S.193 USA PATRIOT Act Sunset Extension Act of 2011 S.2 Middle Class Success Act S.1125 USA PATRIOT Act Improvements Act of 2011 H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.3070 Department of Education Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.3261 Stop Online Piracy Act H.R.4004 Federal Research Public Access Act of 2012 S.2029 Online Protection and Enforcement of Digital Trade Act S.2096 Federal Research Public Access Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 17 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Assn of American Publishers" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Assn of American Publishers
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Assn of American Publishers
- Toggle 2 USTR GENERALIZED SYSTEM OF PREFERENCES (GSP): NOTICE REGARDING THE INITIATION OF THE 2011 ANNUAL GSP PRODUCT AND COUNTRY ELIGIBILITY PRACTICES REVIEW AND DEADLINES FOR FILING PETITIONS 2011
- Toggle 2 OMB Development of the Joint Strategic Plan on Intellectual Property Enforcement 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Public Comments on Interim Review of Country Eligibility for Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea and Niger for Benefits Under the African Growth and Opportunity Act 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Mexico’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR 2012 Special 301 Review 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR Trade Policy Staff Committee; Public comments on the Caribbean Basin Economic Recovery Act and the Caribbean Basin Trade Partnership Act: Report to Congress 2011
- Toggle 1 ED Request for Information to Gather Technical Expertise Pertaining to Testing Integrity 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR 2012 Special 301 Out of Cycle Review of Notorious Markets: Request for Public Comments 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR Results of the 2011 Annual Review; Notice of Hearing and Public Comments for Country Practice Petitions Accepted as Part of the 2011 Annual GSP Review 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Negotiating Objectives With Respect to Mexico’s Participation in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2012