Assn of American Medical Colleges
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is a non-profit organization based in Washington, DC and established in 1876. It is involved in the accreditation of M.D.-granting medical schools and teaching hospitals in Canada and the United States. It is also the administrator of the Medical College Admission Test, also known as the MCAT. The group is also involved in lobbying government agencies towards the advancement of medical science. The AAMC operates the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) and the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) which facilitate students applying to medical schools and residency programs, respectively.
Campaign Finance$54,250 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Assn of American Medical Colleges
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Assn of American Medical Colleges $11,920,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Science & Technology,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.2055 Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1796 America's Healthy Future Act of 2009 H.R.3070 Department of Education Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1599 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1852 Children's Hospital GME Support Reauthorization Act of 2011 S.958 Children's Hospital GME Support Reauthorization Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Assn of American Medical Colleges" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Assn of American Medical Colleges
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicaid Program; Payments for Services Furnished by Certain Primary Care Physicians and Charges for Vaccine Administration Under the Vaccines for Children Program (CMS-2370-P) 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems and FY 2008 Rates 2010
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010