Assn of American Medical Colleges
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is a non-profit organization based in Washington, DC and established in 1876. It is involved in the accreditation of M.D.-granting medical schools and teaching hospitals in Canada and the United States. It is also the administrator of the Medical College Admission Test, also known as the MCAT. The group is also involved in lobbying government agencies towards the advancement of medical science. The AAMC operates the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) and the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) which facilitate students applying to medical schools and residency programs, respectively.
Campaign Finance$56,750 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Assn of American Medical Colleges
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Assn of American Medical Colleges $13,100,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Science & Technology,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.2055 Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1796 America's Healthy Future Act of 2009 H.R.3070 Department of Education Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1599 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1852 Children's Hospital GME Support Reauthorization Act of 2011 S.958 Children's Hospital GME Support Reauthorization Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 213 dockets; Submitted to 31 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Assn of American Medical Colleges" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Assn of American Medical Colleges
- Toggle 2 HHS Establishment of Certification Programs for Health Information Technology 2010
- Toggle 2 HHS HITECH Accounting of Disclosures Request for Information 2010
- Toggle 2 NIH Amendment of Regulations on the Responsibility of Applicants for Promoting Objectivity in Research for which Public Health Service Funding is Sought and Responsible Prospective Contractors; Request for Comment 2008
- Toggle 1 HHS Meaningful use of Healthcare Information Technology 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Rules Under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act; Proposed Rule 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Breach Notification Interim Final Rule 2009
- Toggle 1 HHSIG Solicitation of Information and Recommendations for Supplementing the Guidance Provided in the Special Advisory Bulletin on the Effect of Exclusion from Participation in Federal Health Care Programs 2010
- Toggle 1 APHIS Shift Cage Requirements 2005
- Toggle 1 HHS Public Meeting Regarding Application of Regulatory Requirements at 45 CFR Part 46 to Research Studying Standard of Care Interventions 2013
- Toggle 1 Electronic Health Records Safe Harbors 2013
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Assn of American Medical Colleges
- Toggle 105 CMS Medicaid Graduate Medical Education 2010
- Toggle 20 CMS Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems and FY 2008 Rates 2010
- Toggle 16 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and Fiscal Year 2010 Rates and to the Long Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and Rate Year 2010 Rates 2009
- Toggle 16 Medicare Program; Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and Fiscal Year 2014 Rates; Quality Reporting Requirements for Specific Providers; Hospital Conditions of Participation 2013
- Toggle 12 EPA Standards Applicable to Generators of Hazardous Waste; Subpart K- Standards Applicable to Academic Laboratories 2003
- Toggle 12 CMS Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems and FY 2007 Rates 2010
- Toggle 11 NIH Responsibility of Applicants for Promoting Objectivity in Research for Which Public Health Service Funding is Sought and Responsible Prospective Contractors 2010
- Toggle 10 CMS Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and CY 2011 Payment Rates; Changes to the Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System and CY 2011 Payment Rates; Changes to Payments to Hospitals for Certain Inpatient Hospital Services and for Graduate Medical Education Costs; and Changes to Physician Self-Referral Rules and Related Changes to Provider Agreement Regulations 2010
- Toggle 10 CMS FY 2012 Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and FY 2012 Rates 2011
- Toggle 10 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010