Assisted Living Federation of America
The Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) was formed in 1990 to represent senior living providers that professionally manage assisted living communities across the United States of America. ALFA is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has 30 affiliates and 4 chapters representing 34 states.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Assisted Living Federation of America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Assisted Living Federation of America $240,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3094 Workforce Democracy and Fairness Act S.2012 Children's Sleepwear Labeling Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Assisted Living Federation of America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Assisted Living Federation of America
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Assisted Living Federation of America
- Toggle 4 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 2 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 HUD FR–5634–N–01 Changes in Certain Multifamily Housing and Health Care Facility Mortgage Insurance Premiums for Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 2012
- Toggle 1 HUD FR–5623–N–01 Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Healthcare Facility Documents: Proposed Revisions and Updates and Notice of Information Collection 2012
- Toggle 1 HUD FR–5465 P–01 Federal Housing Administration: Section 232 Healthcare Facility Insurance Program-Strengthening Accountability and Regulatory Revisions Update 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA PDUFA V Patient-Focused Drug Development; Public Meeting and Request for Comments 2012