ASIS International (each letter pronounced separately,), headquartered in Alexandria, Va., is a professional organization for security managers. ASIS advocates the role and value of the security management profession to business, media, government entities and the general public. With more than 37,000 members in more than 200 chapters worldwide, ASIS is developing programs and materials that address broad security interests.
Campaign Finance$35,800 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of ASIS International
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount ASIS International $2,000,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Homeland Security,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Government Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.773 Cybersecurity Act of 2009 S.772 Supporting Employee Competency and Updating Readiness Enhancements for Facilities Act of 2012 H.R.1 Implementing the 9/11 Commission Recommendations Act of 2007 H.R.2658 Federal Protective Service Reform and Enhancement Act H.R.4112 Private Security Officer Screening Improvement Act S.4 911 Modernization Act S.505 See Something, Say Something Act of 2011 H.R.495 See Something, Say Something Act of 2011 H.R.6122 Federal Protective Service Improvement and Accountability Act of 2010 S.645 Child Protection Improvements Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 11 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "ASIS International" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for ASIS International
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for ASIS International
- Toggle 17 FEMA Voluntary Private Sector Accreditation and Certification Preparedness Program 2008
- Toggle 3 TSA Air Cargo Screening - Interim Final Rule and Request for Comments 2009
- Toggle 3 DHS Chemical Facility Anti-terrorism Standards 2006
- Toggle 2 OSHA National Advisory Committee on Occupational Safety and Health 2012
- Toggle 1 TSA TSA's Significant Guidance Documents 2008
- Toggle 1 TSA Aviation Security Advisory Committee (ASAC) 2011
- Toggle 1 USCG Notice: Facility Security Officer Training Requirements - Request for Comments 2012
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Establishment of an Advisory Committee 2006
- Toggle 1 USCG Facility Security Plan 2003
- Toggle 1 TSA Large Aircraft Security Program, Other Aircraft Operator Security Program, and Airport Operator Security Program 2008