Asian American Action Fund
The Asian American Action Fund (AAAF) is a Washington, D.C.-based Democratic political action committee and 501(c)(4) non-profit organization founded in 1999. AAAF's goal is to increase the voice of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) in every level of local, state and federal government in the United States. Specifically, the AAAF addresses the under-representation of AAPIs by organizing campaign volunteers, campaign contributions, technical support, and logistics for both endorsed and un-endorsed candidates running for political office. The AAAF has endorsed candidates across the country. AAAF's officers, board of directors, advisory board, and honorary board are entirely volunteer efforts. AAAF has regional chapters in Northern California, Southern California, Chicago, Northern Virginia, and New York City as well as a Young Professionals chapter.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Independent Expendituresmoney spent supporting or opposing a candidate
Candidate Support/Oppose Total Spent Barack ObamaSupport $2,272
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars