Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Ashland Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Ashland Inc $1,045,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Chemical Industry,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1409 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.560 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.1773 Comprehensive Cancer Care Improvement Act of 2009 S.3800 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.3326 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2010 S.2135
RegulationsMentioned in 23 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Ashland Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Ashland Inc
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Ashland Inc
- Toggle 12 EPA Ammonia/Urea Petitions Concerning Registration and Cancellations 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA Supplemental Guidance for SIP Submissions to Meet the Requirements for Section 110(a)(1) of the CAA for the SO2 NAAQS 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Identification of Additional Classes of Facilities for Development of Financial Respnsibility Requirements Under Section 108(b): Notice and Request for Comment 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA TX107 Texas Flexible Permit Audit Program 2010
- Toggle 1 USDA Voluntary Labeling Program for Biobased Products 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 1 EERE Alternative Fuel Transportation Program; Replacement Fuel Goal Modification 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA Public Meeting on the Revisions to the Definition of Solid Waste Final Rule 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA TSCA Inventory Update Reporting Modifications; Chemical Data Reporting 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA RFS Annual Rulemaking 2010
|2010||$500,000||Ashland Inc: Nanofluid Coolants|
Federal Spending1 contract
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Ashland Inc.||2010||INHIBITOR FUEL SYSTEM ICING HIGH FLASH (FSII)||$8,128,811|
EPA Violations5 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Chemical Commodities; Ashland||Ashland, Inc (+9 others)||2009||Olathe, Ks||$14,377,138|
|Patriot Coal Corp||Arch Coal (+25 others)||2009||Appalachia, Va; Catlettsburg, ...||$9,575,000|
|Cooper Drum Superfund Site Uao For Rd/Ra||Ashland, Inc. (+42 others)||2009||South Gate, Ca||$9,066,848|
|Omega Chemical Superfund Site Ou-1 Rd/Ra||Hercules Incorporated (+270 others)||2010||Whittier, Ca||$7,100,000|
|Bpa Superfund Site (Biological Processors Of Alabama)||Hercules Incorporated (+19 others)||2010||Decatur, Al||$1,200,000|