Ascension Health is a non-profit company that operates a network of hospitals and related health facilities in the United States. It is the nation's largest Catholic and largest non-profit health system .
Campaign Finance$17,070 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Ascension Health
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Ascension Health $1,610,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1343 Health Centers Renewal Act of 2008 S.901 Health Care Safety Net Act of 2007 H.R.3162 Children's Health and Medicare Protection Act of 2007 H.R.5544 Patients and Public Health Partnership Act of 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Ascension Health" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Ascension Health
- Toggle 2 CMS Proposed Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems and Fiscal Year 2009 Rates; Proposed Changes to Disclosure of Physician Ownership in Hospitals and Physician Self-Referral Rules; Proposed Collection of Information Regarding Financial Relationships Between Hospitals and Physicians 2008
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Request for Early Termination of the Waiting Period Under the Premerger Notification Rules 2007
- Toggle 1 AHRQ PSO NPRM 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Standards for Standardized Numerical Identifier, Track and Trace, and Authentication for Prescription Drugs 2008
- Toggle 1 FDIC Meetings; Sunshine Act 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Technologies for Prescription Drug Identification, Track and Trace, or Authentication; Request for Information 2008