Campaign Finance$2,384,648 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Ascap
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Small Business,
- Arts & Entertainment,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.379 Performance Rights Act H.R.848 Performance Rights Act H.R.1126 Artist-Museum Partnership Act of 2009 H.R.1524 Artist-Museum Partnership Act H.R.2060 Internet Radio Equality Act S.1353 Internet Radio Equality Act of 2007 S.405 Artist-Museum Partnership Act S.2500 Performance Rights Act H.R.4279 Prioritizing Resources and Organization for Intellectual Property Act of 2008 H.R.4789 Performance Rights Act
RegulationsMentioned in 56 dockets; Submitted to 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Ascap" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Ascap
- Toggle 4 OMB Development of the Joint Strategic Plan on Intellectual Property Enforcement 2012
- Toggle 1 APHIS Horse Protection Act; Petition for Amendments to Regulations 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR 2012 Special 301 Review 2011
- Toggle 1 Request for Comments and Notice of Public Hearing Concerning China's Compliance with WTO Commitments 2013
- Toggle 1 Request for Comments and Notice of Public Hearing Concerning Russia's Implementation of its WTO Commitments 2013
- Toggle 1 USTR None Unknown
- Toggle 1 USTR 2010 Special 301 Out of Cycle Review of Notorious Markets: Request for Public Comment 2010
- Toggle 1 Request for Public Comments on the Caribbean Basin Economic Recovery Act and the Caribbean Basin Trade Partnership Act: Report to Congress 2013
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Ascap
- Toggle 9 USTR 2012 Special 301 Out of Cycle Review of Notorious Markets: Request for Public Comments 2012
- Toggle 7 FRA U.S. DOT/FRA - Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2001
- Toggle 5 OMB Development of the Joint Strategic Plan on Intellectual Property Enforcement 2012
- Toggle 5 USTR Request for Comments and Notice of Public Hearing Concerning China’s Compliance with WTO Commitments 2012
- Toggle 4 CRB Cost of Living Adjustment for Performance of Musical Compositions by Colleges and Universities 2006
- Toggle 3 FRA Union Pacific Railroad Company - Test Program 2002
- Toggle 3 USTR 2010 Special 301 2010
- Toggle 2 CRB Determinations of Reasonable Rates and Terms for Noncommercial Broadcasting 2011
- Toggle 2 PBGC Recently Posted PBGC Rules and Notices. Unknown
- Toggle 2 FRA Railroad Safety Advisory Committee 2000