The Arthritis Foundation is a charitable foundation dedicated to the prevention, control, and cure of arthritis and related diseases. It is the largest not-for-profit contributor to arthritis research in the world. It publishes brochures, books, and Arthritis Today magazine. The Arthritis Foundation is headquartered in the Midtown district of Atlanta, Georgia.
Campaign Finance$9,021 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Arthritis Foundation
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Arthritis Foundation $7,471,438
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1283 Arthritis Prevention, Control, and Cure Act of 2008 H.R.1210 Arthritis Prevention, Control, and Cure Act of 2009 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 S.626 Arthritis Prevention, Control, and Cure Act of 2007 S.1206 Pediatric Workforce Investment Act S.984 Arthritis Prevention, Control, and Cure Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.3779 Homebuyer Tax Credit Fairness Act of 2009 H.R.3799 Affordable Access to Prescription Medications Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act
RegulationsMentioned in 83 dockets; Submitted to 12 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Arthritis Foundation" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Arthritis Foundation
- Toggle 26 Walking as a Way for Americans to get the Recommended Amount of Physical Activity for Health 2013
- Toggle 22 Solicitation of Federal Civilian and Uniformed Service Personnel for Contributions to Private Voluntary Organizations 2013
- Toggle 17 FDA Developing a Consolidated Pediatric Rheumatology Observational Registry; Public Workshop 2009
- Toggle 2 EBSA Incentives for Nondiscriminatory Wellness Programs in Group Health Plans 2012
- Toggle 2 SSA Revised Medical Criteria for Evaluating Immune System Disorders 2006
- Toggle 2 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies for Certain Opioid Drugs; Notice of Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 1 SSA Revised Medical Criteria for Evaluating Immune System Disorders 2006
- Toggle 1 FHWA Morris K. Udall Scholarship and Excellence in National Environmental Policy Foundation 2006
- Toggle 1 DOT U.S. DOT/OST - Surface Transportation Reauthorization 2002
- Toggle 1 HHS Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Preexisting Condition Exclusions, Lifetime and Annual Limits, Rescissions, and PatientProtections 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Arthritis Foundation
- Toggle 42 Walking as a Way for Americans to get the Recommended Amount of Physical Activity for Health 2013
- Toggle 27 FDA Developing a Consolidated Pediatric Rheumatology Observational Registry; Public Workshop 2009
- Toggle 26 Solicitation of Federal Civilian and Uniformed Service Personnel for Contributions to Private Voluntary Organizations 2013
- Toggle 7 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 5 SSA Revised Medical Criteria for Evaluating Immune System Disorders 2006
- Toggle 4 FDA Approval Pathway for Biosimilar and Interchangeable Biological Products; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 4 SSA Revised Medical Criteria for Evaluating Immune System Disorders 2006
- Toggle 3 FDA Labeling Restrictions for Ibuprofen on an Over-the-Counter (OTC) Basis 1984
- Toggle 3 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies for Certain Opioid Drugs; Notice of Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 2 DOJ Delaying the Compliance Date for Certain Requirements of the Regulations Implementing Titles II and III of the Americans With Disabilities Act 2012
Advisory Committees4 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Arthritis Foundation" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee