Arnold & Porter
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Henry A. Waxman $23,550
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Arnold & Porter
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Altria Client Services $2,260,000 Pharmaceutical Rsrch & Mfrs of America $1,030,000 Energy Future Holdings Corp $840,000 Roper Industries $410,000 Texas Medical Liability Trust $380,000 Morton Grove Pharmaceuticals Inc $370,000 Assn for Advanced Life Underwriting $360,000 ECMC Group $310,000 Luxottica US Holdings Corp $270,000 Assn of Unmanned Vehicle Systems Intl $240,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Roads & Highways
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.235 Social Security Fairness Act of 2009 S.484 Social Security Fairness Act of 2009 S.490 Public Servant Retirement Protection Act of 2009 H.R.3849 Disclosure of Presidential Declassification of Intelligence Information Act of 2009 S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 H.R.1676 PACT Act H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.1221 Public Servant Retirement Protection Act of 2009 H.R.3570 Satellite Home Viewer Update and Reauthorization Act of 2009 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Oct. 17, 2013 Society for Excellence in Eyecare Issues related to improving healthcare policy. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 32 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Arnold & Porter" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Arnold & Porter
- Toggle 2 FSOC Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Regarding Authority to Require Supervision and Regulation of Certain Nonbank Financial Companies 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Adaptive Design Clinical Trials for Drugs and Biologics 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Non-Inferiority Clinical Trials; Availability 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on CMC Postapproval Manufacturing Changes Reportable in Annual Reports; Availability 2010
- Toggle 1 ITA Antidumping Proceedings: Calculation of the Weighted Average Dumping Margin and Assessment Rate in Certain Antidumping Duty Proceedings 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Decide on Whether the 30-Month Stay Provision of the Hatch-Waxman Act Applies to Apotex's ANDAs 90-499 and 90-419 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Arnold & Porter
- Toggle 2 TTB Standards for Pipe Tobacco and Roll-Your-Own Tobacco 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Refrain From or Approving any Application for a 0.6 mg Oral Colchicine Tablet with a Proposed Indication Already Approve for Colcrys® That is not Submitted as an Appreviated New Drug Application - CLOSED 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA Certain Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers: Significant New Use Rule (SNUR) and Test Rule 2010
- Toggle 2 DOJ National Standards To Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Prison Rape 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicaid Program; Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waivers 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Lakes and Flowing Waters 2009
- Toggle 2 CMS Federal Funding for Medicaid Eligibility Determination and Enrollment Activities 2010
- Toggle 1 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies and Five-Year Review of Relative Value Units Under the Physician Fee Schedule for CY 2007 and Other Changes to Payment Under Part B; Revisions to Ambulance Fee Schedule; Ambulatory Inflation Factor Update for CY 2007 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA FDA set out its Views on the Applicability of the 30-Month Stay Provisions of the Hatch-Waxman Amendments to ANDAs That Were Pending at the Time That the Holder of an NDA for an old Antibiotic Submitted Patents to FDA for Listing in the Orange Book in Accordance with the QI Act 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Preexisting Condition Exclusions, Lifetime and Annual Limits, Rescissions, and PatientProtections 2010
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Arnold & Porter" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Commodity Futures Trading Commission 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee