Armor Holdings, Inc. was a manufacturer of military, law enforcement and personnel safety equipment. It was acquired by BAE Systems on 31 July 2007 and renamed BAE Systems Mobility & Protection Systems. The divisions have been reorganised within BAE Systems Land and Armaments.
Campaign Finance$325,526 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Armor Holdings
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Armor Holdings $3,665,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Apparel, Clothing, & Textiles,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5122 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007 H.R.5631 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2007 H.R.1585 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 H.R.3222 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.4939 Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Hurricane Recovery, 2006 S.2766 Heroes at Home Act of 2006
RegulationsMentioned in 12 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Armor Holdings" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Armor Holdings
- Toggle 1 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - Simula Aerospace and Defense Group, Inc. 2004
- Toggle 1 FAA In the Matter of 2002
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Armor Holdings
- Toggle 8 FAA In the Matter of 2002
- Toggle 1 EPA Virginia- Revisions to the General Conformity Regulations 2011
- Toggle 1 FEC Notice of Sunshine Act Meeting 2006
- Toggle 1 FRS Banks and bank holding companies: Change in bank control 2006
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Defense Technology Corporation - Exemption - Hazardous Materials - To authorize the manufacture, marking and sale of refillable non-DOT specification cylinder similar to a DOT specification 39 cylinder 2001
- Toggle 1 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (Within-Perimeter Exemptions, i.e., Service to Another Airport 1,250 Miles Away or Less From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Request for Early Termination of the Waiting Period Underthe premerger Notification Rules 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA Area Designations for the 2006 24-Hour PM 2.5 National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2008 Ozone Standards 2008
- Toggle 1 FTC Premerger notification waiting periods; early terminations 2006
Contractor Misconduct7 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Government Contract Fraud||Multiple Agencies||Defective Zylon Body Armor Vests (False Claims Act)||2008||Settlement||$30,000,000|
|Consumer Affairs||None||Zylon Body Armor Vests (Product Liability)||2004||Settlement||$19,400,000|
|Ethics||International||U.N. Contracts FCPA Violations (Department of Justice Settlement)||2011||Non-Prosecution Agreement||$10,290,000|
|Ethics||International||U.N. Contracts FCPA Violations (SEC Settlement)||2011||Settlement||$5,690,744|
|Ethics||None||USA v. Bistrong (FCPA Violation)||2010||Pleaded Guilty||$0|
|Ethics||Defense - Army||Point Blank Body Armor v. BAE Systems (Tortious Interference)||2008||Settlement||$0|
|Environment||None||RCRA and Clean Air Act Claims||2002||Settlement||$0|