Campaign Finance$109,415 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Arkema Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Arkema Inc $5,212,949
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Chemical Industry,
- Homeland Security,
- Clean Air & Water
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.225 Chemical Facility Security Improvement Act of 2011 H.R.901 Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Security Authorization Act of 2011 H.R.908 Full Implementation of the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards Act H.R.916 Continuing Chemical Facilities Antiterrorism Security Act of 2011 S.473 Continuing Chemical Facilities Antiterrorism Security Act of 2011 S.1000 Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.233 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009 H.R.3316 H.R.3565 H.R.3566
RegulationsMentioned in 160 dockets; Submitted to 21 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Arkema Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Arkema Inc
- Toggle 5 PHMSA Polyamide-11 (PA-11) Plastic Pipe Design Pressures Gas Pipelines 2005
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Solvay Interox, Inc. - Hazardous Materials - Exemptions - To Authorize the Transportation in Commerce of DOT Specification Tank Cars Containing Certain Division 5.1 and 5.2 Materials 2003
- Toggle 1 BOEM BOEMRE FR Documents 2010
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Society of the Plastics Industry, Inc. - Hazardous Materials - Emergency Exemption to provide immediate relief for Organic Peroxide Formulations from subsidiary Labeling Rrequired of Class 3 Division 4.1 and Class 8 PGIII Hazards 2002
- Toggle 1 NHTSA U.S. DOT/NHTSA - Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards: Brake Hoses 2003
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Harmonization with International Standards 2009
- Toggle 1 APHIS Agricultural Inspection and AQI User Fees Along the U.S./Canada Border 2006
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Hazardous Materials; Registration and Fee Assessment 2009
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Minimum Training Requirements for Entry-Level Commercial Motor Vehicle Operators 2007
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards; Brake Hoses 2006
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Arkema Inc
- Toggle 20 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 13 PHMSA Polyamide-11 (PA-11) Plastic Pipe Design Pressures Gas Pipelines 2005
- Toggle 12 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: Adjustments to the Allowance System for Controlling HCFC Production, Import, and Export 2011
- Toggle 9 EPA Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2004
- Toggle 8 EPA PFOA Stewardship Program 2006
- Toggle 6 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: Adjustments to the Allowance System for Controlling HCFC Production, Import, and Export 2010
- Toggle 6 EPA TSCA Inventory Update Reporting Modifications; Chemical Data Reporting 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA Greenhouse Gas Reporting for Additional Sources of Fluorinated Gases 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Hydrochloric Acid Production 2002
- Toggle 3 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: Adjustments to the Allowance System for Controlling HCFC Production, Import, and Export 2008
|2010||$1,600,000||Arkema Inc: Chemical and Biological Resistant Clothing|
Federal Spending2 grants; 1 contract
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Arkema Inc||2009||Energy, Department Of||"IMPROVED, LOW COST, DURABLE FUEL CELL MEMBRANES."||$1,500,000|
|Arkema Inc.||2011||RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT||$1,222,130|
|Arkema Inc||2008||Energy, Department Of||"IMPROVED, LOW COST, DURABLE FUEL CELL MEMBRANES."||$1,000,000|
EPA Violations6 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Arkema, Inc.||Arkema, Inc.||2005||Portland, Or||$20,000,000|
|Alliance Chemical Inc Et Al.||Arkema Inc (+71 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$37,000,000|
|3m Company||Arkeman, Inc. (+106 others)||2008||Wood Ridge, Nj||$18,000,000|
|Alcan Corporation||Arkema Inc (+81 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$13,150,000|
|Lwd, Inc.||Atochem North America, Inc. (Nka Arkema, Inc.) (+84 others)||2007||Calvert City, Ky||$10,000,000|
|Abb, Inc.||Arkema Inc (+72 others)||2007||Wood Ridge, Nj||$1,400,000|