Argus Media Ltd (formerly known as Petroleum Argus Ltd) is a leading independent provider of price information, market data and business intelligence for the global petroleum, natural gas, electricity, emissions, biofuels, biomass, LPG and coal industries.
Campaign Finance$250 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Argus Media
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Argus Media $286,270
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.4713 (Unknown) S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 H.R.4173 Prevent Iran from Acquiring Nuclear Weapons and Stop War Through Diplomacy Act
RegulationsMentioned in 37 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Argus Media" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Argus Media
- Toggle 2 DOS Notice of 30 Day Public Comment Period Regarding the National Interest Determination for TransCanada Keystone Pipeline, L.P.’s Presidential Permit Application 2014
- Toggle 1 FERC City of Holland, MI v. Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator, Inc.; DTE Energy Trading, Inc. v. Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator, Inc.; Notice of Filing 2009
- Toggle 1 FERC Revisions to Electric Quarterly Report Filing Process 2012
- Toggle 1 MARAD Sargent Marine Inc. Notice of Application for Written Permission for Temporary Transfer to the Domestic Trade 2003
- Toggle 1 CFTC Orders, Proposed Interpretive: Antidisruptive Practices Authority 2011
- Toggle 1 FERC Electricity Market Transparency Provisions of Section 220 of the Federal Power Act 2012
- Toggle 1 CFTC Procedures to Establish Appropriate Minimum Block Sizes for Large Notional Off-Facility Swaps and Block Trades 2012
- Toggle 1 FTC Prohibitions on Market Manipulation 2009
- Toggle 1 ONRR Federal Gas Valuation 2011
- Toggle 1 ONRR Federal and Indian Coal Valuation 2011