AREVA (Euronext: CEI) is a French public multinational industrial conglomerate headquartered in the Tour Areva in Courbevoie, Paris. AREVA is mainly known for nuclear power; it also has interests in other energy projects. It was created on 3 September 2001, by the merger of Framatome (now AREVA NP), Cogema (now AREVA NC) and Technicatome (now AREVA TA). Its main shareholder is the French public-sector company, the CEA, which owns 78.9%. The CEA's brief is similar to that of the US Department of Energy. But the German company Siemens also retains 34% of the shares of AREVA's subsidiary, AREVA NP, in charge of building the EPR Reactor, an advanced Generation III+ nuclear reactor.
Campaign Finance$634,591 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of AREVA Group
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount AREVA Group $8,850,000 AREVA NC $820,000 COGEMA $480,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste,
- Homeland Security,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Foreign Relations,
- Economics & Econ Development
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.4380 Miscellaneous Trade and Technical Corrections Act of 2009 H.R.2641 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.5325 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 S.1436 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.4929 S.2531 S.2776 Clean Energy Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 18 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "AREVA Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for AREVA Group
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Korea 2009
- Toggle 1 NRC Potential Changes to Radiation Protection Regulations; Solicitation of Public Comment 2009
- Toggle 1 ITA Recently Posted ITA Rules and Notices. Unknown
- Toggle 1 DOT Notice of Order Soliciting Community Proposals 2010
- Toggle 1 NRC Station Blackout Mitigation 2011
- Toggle 1 NRC Material Control and Accounting of Special Nuclear Material 2009
- Toggle 1 Meetings: Maine Advisory Committee 2013
- Toggle 1 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 1 NRC Assessment of Foreign Ownership, Control, or Domination of Commercial Nuclear Power Plants 2013
- Toggle 1 NRC Integrated Safety Analysis for Uranium Conversion/Deconversion Facilities 2009