Ares Capital Corp
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$500 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Ares Capital Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5929 Next Steps for Credit Availability Act
RegulationsMentioned in 10 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Ares Capital Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Ares Capital Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Ares Capital Corp
- Toggle 2 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Definition of Eligible Portfolio Company under the Investment Company Act of 1940 2004
- Toggle 1 FRS Privacy Act; Systems of Records 2008
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Revisions to the Eligibility Requirements for Primary Securities Offerings on Forms S-3 and F-3 2007
- Toggle 1 SEC Definition of Eligible Portfolio Company Under the Investment Company Act of 1940 2008
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Concept Release: Treatment of Asset-Backed Issuers under the Investment Company Act 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Applications: Ares Capital Corp. et al. 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Amendment to Emergency Order Pursuant to Section 12(K)(2) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 Taking Temporary Action to Respond to Market Developments 2008
- Toggle 1 RATB Privacy Act; Systems of Records 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Rulemaking Petition: Request for rulemaking to amend Rule 14a-4(b)(2)(Requirements as to proxy) to eliminate the "withhold authority" vote on proxy forms used for the election of corporate directors 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Request for Early Termination of the Waiting Period Under the Premerger Notification Rules 2008