Archer Daniels Midland
The Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) is a conglomerate headquartered in Decatur, Illinois. ADM operates more than 270 plants worldwide, where cereal grains and oilseeds are processed into products used in food, beverage, nutraceutical, industrial and animal feed markets worldwide.
Campaign Finance$10,002,244 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Archer Daniels Midland
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Archer Daniels Midland $12,340,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Food Industry
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 H.R.6 Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 H.R.2419 Military Personnel War Zone Toxic Exposure Prevention Act H.R.2776 Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation Tax Act of 2007 H.R.1799 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2009 S.2821 Clean Energy Tax Stimulus Act of 2008 H.R.2116 Freight Rail Infrastructure Capacity Expansion Act of 2007 H.R.2419 COMBAT PTSD Act S.2191 America's Climate Security Act of 2007 S.3036 Lieberman-Warner Climate Security Act of 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 382 dockets; Submitted to 30 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Archer Daniels Midland" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Archer Daniels Midland
- Toggle 2 DOT Trans States Airlines, Inc. d/b/a American Connection - Notice of Intent to Terminate Service at Decatur, Illinois 2006
- Toggle 2 OSHA GRAIN ELEVATORS 2006
- Toggle 2 TTB Revision of the Distilled Spirits Plant Regulations 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Food For Animals 2011
- Toggle 1 USCG Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Maritime 2006
- Toggle 1 OSHA GRAIN ELEVATORS 2006
- Toggle 1 FDA Tentative Determination Regarding Partially Hydrogenated Oils; Request for Comments and for Scientific Data and Information 2013
- Toggle 1 OSHA ELECTRICAL STDS 2006
- Toggle 1 FDA Food Labeling: Revision of the Nutrition and Supplement Facts Labels 2012
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Rail Petitions and Recommendations to Improve the Safety of Railroad Tank Car Transportation 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Archer Daniels Midland
- Toggle 50 EPA Regulation of Fuels and Fuel Additives: Renewable Fuel Program 2005
- Toggle 30 EPA New Source Performance Standards for Grain Elevators 2010
- Toggle 25 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 23 EPA Industrial Combustion Coordinated Rulemaking FACA 2004
- Toggle 22 ITA Recently Posted ITA Rules and Notices. 2008
- Toggle 21 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Industrial/ Commercial, and Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters 2002
- Toggle 19 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 15 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 15 EPA 2014 Standards for the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) Program 2013
- Toggle 15 EPA Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
Federal Spending63 grants; 351 contracts; 230 loans
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Archer Daniels Midland Co||2008||Farm Service Agency||FOR GRAIN PRODUCTS||$20,118,084|
|Archer Daniels Midland Co||2011||Farm Service Agency||SOL AG-INTB-S-11-0038 (2000000516), HARD RED WINTER WHEAT||$16,614,336|
|Archer Daniels Midland Co||2011||Farm Service Agency||SOL AG-INTB-S-11-0025, HARD RED WINTER WHEAT AND SORGHUM||$15,725,855|
|Archer Daniels Midland Co||2009||Farm Service Agency||SOL 316, HARD RED WINTER WHEAT||$14,366,160|
|Archer Daniels Midland Co||2011||Farm Service Agency||SOL AGINTBP110008, HARD RED WINTER WHEAT||$14,022,000|
|Archer Daniels Midland Co||2011||Farm Service Agency||SOL AG-INTB-S-11-0016, HARD RED WINTER WHEAT||$13,782,942|
|Archer Daniels Midland Co||2008||Farm Service Agency||BULK GRAIN||$13,667,360|
|Archer Daniels Midland Co||2008||Farm Service Agency||KCPG6 SOL 283, SORGHUM||$13,484,761|
|Archer Daniels Midland Co||2008||Farm Service Agency||SOL 271, FOR GRAIN PRODUCTS||$13,319,309|
|Archer Daniels Midland Co||2011||Farm Service Agency||SOL 2000000052, HARD RED WINTER WHEAT AND SORGHUM||$13,128,259|
EPA Violations7 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Archer Daniels Midland (14) (National Case)(Lead)||Archer Daniels Midland, Decatur||2003||Champaign, Il; Decatur, ...||$226,291,924|
|Archer Daniel Midland Company (National Case)||Archer Daniel Midland Company||2003||Cedar Rapids, Ia; ...||$112,953,629|
|Archer Daniels Midland (Nc)||Archer Daniels Midland||2003||Enderlin, Nd; Velva, ...||$2,881,991|
|Archer Daniels Midland||Archer Daniels Midland||2006||Decatur, Il||$1,445,000|
|Waste Disposal Inc.||Archer Daniels Midland Company (+16 others)||2003||Santa Fe Springs, ...||$9,080,000|
|Pcb Treatment, Inc.||Adm Milling Company (+381 others)||2004||Kansas City, Ks; ...||$1,916,377|
|Clayton Chemical||Archer Daniels Midland Company (+26 others)||2002||Sauget, Il||$1,876,060|
Advisory Committees15 people on 13 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Archer Daniels Midland" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 5 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Energy 3 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Surface Transportation Board 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee