The Appraisal Institute is a global membership association of professional real estate appraisers, with more than 25,000 members and 91 chapters throughout the world. Its mission is to advance professionalism and ethics, global standards, methodologies, and practices through the professional development of property economics worldwide. Organized in 1932, the Appraisal Institute advocates equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in the appraisal profession and conducts its activities in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Members of the Appraisal Institute benefit from an array of professional education and advocacy programs, and may hold the prestigious MAI, SRPA and SRA designations. Learn more at www.appraisalinstitute.org.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Appraisal Institute
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Appraisal Institute $40,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Real Estate & Land Use
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.1728 Mortgage Reform and Anti-Predatory Lending Act H.R.2336 Community Building Code Administration Grant Act of 2009 H.R.3126 Consumer Financial Protection Agency Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Appraisal Institute" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Appraisal Institute
- Toggle 2 FAA ALCA, Inc. et. al vs. Miami-Dade County, Florida - Complaint 2009
- Toggle 1 EBSA PTE 2010-29 Boston Carpenters Apprenticeship and Training Fund [Application No. L-11624] 2010
- Toggle 1 EBSA Citigroup Global Markets, Inc. and Its Affiliates [Applicaiton No. D-11573] 2010
- Toggle 1 HUD FR–5404–N–01 Federal Housing Administration Risk Management Initiatives: Reduction of Seller Concessions and New Loan-to-Value and Credit Score Requirements 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Hazardous Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Hazardous Waste: Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Injectate in Geological Sequestration Activities 2010
- Toggle 1 EBSA Boston Carpenters Apprenticeship and Training Fund (the Fund), Exemption Application No.: L–11558 2010
- Toggle 1 EBSA Louis B. Chaykin, M.D., P.A., Cross-Tested Profit Sharing Plan (the Plan), Application Number: D–11532 2010
- Toggle 1 EBSA PTE 2010-11 The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC, or the Applicant), Application No. D–11555 2010
- Toggle 1 EBSA Goldman, Sachs & Co. and Its Affiliates, Application No. D–11509. 2010
- Toggle 1 FAA Airport Compliance Program - Notice of Availability of FAA Order 5190.6B, Airport Compliance Manual 2009