Applied Materials Inc
Applied Materials, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMAT, SEHK: 4336) is a capital equipment producer serving the semiconductor, TFT LCD display, Glass, WEB and solar (crystalline and thin film) manufacturing industries.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Applied Materials Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Applied Materials Inc $3,400,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Science & Technology,
- Homeland Security,
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Clean Air & Water
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.942 American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.2004 Technology Security and Antiboycott Act H.R.2122 Export Administration Renewal Act of 2011 S.48 Pharmacist Student Loan Repayment Eligibility Act of 2011 S.1577 Greater Research Opportunities With Tax Help Act S.727 Bipartisan Tax Fairness and Simplification Act of 2011 S.2091 United States Job Creation and International Tax Reform Act of 2012 H1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 42 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Applied Materials Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Applied Materials Inc
- Toggle 14 EPA Proposed Confidentiality Determinations for Eight Subparts of the Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT 2012 - Small Community Air Service Development Program 2012
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Pilot Program on NAFTA Long-Haul Trucking Provisions 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; State of Montana – Air Quality, Subchapter 7, Subchapter 16, Subchapter 17 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Notice of Availability of Draft Criteria and Request for Scientific Views 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Methylene Diphenyl Diisocyanate (MDI) Action Plan 2011
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Longhorn Pipeline Reversal - Environmental Assessment 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Registration Review for Thiobencarb 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Mexico’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
Advisory Committees4 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Applied Materials Inc" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 2 people on 2 committees