Applied Biosystems, Inc. (formerly NASDAQ: ABIO) started as GeneCo (Genetic Systems Company), was the name of a pioneer biotechnology company founded in 1981 in Foster City, California, in the San Francisco Bay Area. Through the 1980s and early 1990s it operated independently and manufactured biochemicals and automated genetic engineering and diagnostic research instruments, including the principal brand of DNA sequencing machine used by the Human Genome Project consortium centers. Applied Biosystems' close ties to the consortium project led to the idea for the founding of Celera Genomics (NYSE: CRA) in 1998 as one of several independent competitors to the consortium.
Campaign Finance$18,000 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 56 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Applied Biosystems" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Applied Biosystems
- Toggle 13 FDA Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption 2011
- Toggle 8 EPA Notice of Availability of Draft Criteria and Request for Scientific Views 2011
- Toggle 3 FWS Petition to List the African Lion (Panthera leo leo) As Endangered 2012
- Toggle 3 APHIS Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status for Herbicide-Tolerant 73496 Canola 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 2 FWS Listing and Critical Habitat for Umtanum buckwheat and white bluffs bladderpod 2012
- Toggle 2 Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Maize Genetically Engineered for Herbicide Tolerance 2012
- Toggle 2 FWS Petition to List Either the Eastern Population or Southern Rocky Mountain Population of the Boreal Toad as an Endangered or Threatened Distinct Population Segment 2012
- Toggle 2 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 2 APHIS Monsanto Co.; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status for Corn Genetically Engineered for Drought Tolerance 2011