Apollo Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: APOL) is an S&P; 500 corporation based in the South Phoenix area of Phoenix, Arizona. Apollo Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, owns several for-profit educational institutions.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Apollo Group
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Apollo Group $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1642 Higher Education Amendments of 2007 H.R.4137 College Opportunity and Affordability Act of 2007 S.22 Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2007 H.R.2642 Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.5740 Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 S.3023 Veterans' Notice Clarification Act of 2008 S.3339 S.3400 GI Bill Fairness Act H.R.2559 First Higher Education Extension Act of 2007 H.R.2771 Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Apollo Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Apollo Group
- Toggle 1 ED Office of Postsecondary Education; Notice of Intent To Establish Negotiated Rulemaking Committees Under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as Amended 2007
- Toggle 1 ED Title IV Loans 2007
- Toggle 1 SEC Commission Guidance on the Use of Company Web Sites 2008
- Toggle 1 EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category 2008
- Toggle 1 ED Title IV--General Provisions 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and the Availability of the Framework Document for Fluorescent Lamp Ballasts 2007